AGC Action Shooting - January Event Registration Now Open!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Good Morning Shooters!

2022 Brings new changes for the Action Shooting calendar:

2 Gun / 3 Gun: 1st weekend

USPSA: 2nd weekend

IDPA: 3rd Saturday

Falling Steel: 3rd Sunday

2 Gun / 3 Gun Match - Cancelled

USPSA Match - Sunday, January 9th

Click Here To Register for USPSA

IDPA Match - Cancelled

Falling Steel Match - Sunday, January 16th

Click Here To Register for Falling Steel

***AS SQUADS FILL UP, WE HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH SHOOTER BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN SQUAD. PLEASE CHOOSE A SQUAD AS SOON AS YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED TO DO SO. IF YOU ARE UNABLE, THEN PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO MATCHDIRECTOR@AGCRANGE.ORG, STATING YOUR PREFERRED SQUAD. IF YOU DO NOT CARE WHICH SQUAD YOU SHOOT ON, THEN PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE ONE AND WE WILL PLACE YOU WHERE WE NEED YOU THE MOST TO HELP WITH THE FLOW OF THE MATCH AND MINIMIZE LOGJAMS.

Check in

8:00 am till 8:30 am. Safety brief at 8:30 am. Match starts at 9:00 am. You MUST be checked in and attend the Safety Brief in order to participate in the match.

Setup

Falling Steel - 7:00 am on Match Day - Please arrive early to help out.

USPSA / 3 Gun / IDPA - We typically set up these matches the day before. AGC badge holders are granted Range Badge Credits towards next years badge. If interested, please reach out to be added to the set up email list.

Arrival

Please bring your cased firearms to the Shooting Bays and uncase at a safe table. 3 gun carts are acceptable with Muzzles pointed down or straight up. Uncased long guns must be ACTIONS OPEN, ECI inserted and on SAFE.

Parking:

Please park on the gravel parking area near the Shooting Bays. You may also park at the 200 yard range and/or Memorial Hall.

Ammo restrictions:
    Pistol: 9mm-45 cal -

5.7 x 28 is specifically prohibited

Rifle: .223/5.56 - No Steel Core

Shotgun: Bird Shot #7.5 - #9 max 1300 fps
    Slugs - Up to 4 slugs per (3 gun) match

Click Here to View the 2022 Action Shooting Schedule

Thursday Night Action Shooting 2022 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month beginning when daylight allows. Times will be from 5:30 pm till 8:00 pm. (When daylight is available).

Weekend Match Schedules

3 Gun – Typically held on the 1st weekend of the month on Saturday or Sunday

USPSA - Matches are held on the 2nd weekend of the month on Saturday or Sunday

IDPA – Matches are held on the 3rd Saturday of each month

Falling Steel - Matches are held on the 3rd Sunday of each month

Send any questions or inquires to

action@agcrange.org

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Just one note, On the USPSA side of things we have been starting the actual shooting at 10AM, just letting things warm up a bit. We will only cancel if there is snow or ice on the ranges or there is active accumulating snow happening.

Yes these events are sanctioned USPSA matches and we will be having a Classifier at every event.

This will be our third event and I think we have most of the kinks worked out. With 70 shooters we finished in a bit over three hours on the 18th of December.

One other thing. At USPSA matches we only have two areas where you can uncase/handle firearms. Those are the Designated Safety Areas marked in Bay 7 and north of Bay 1. There will be a table and sign. There is NO AMMUNITION allowed in the Safety Area.

Looking forward to seeing you in January

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    what is the general round count for uspsa and for 2 & 3 gun? farthest shots for 2 & 3 gun?

Round count-roughly 50-60 for shotgun (sometimes an option for 2-4 slugs), 50-60 rifle, 40-50 pistol I believe. I'm not on the AGC Action shooting committee but shoot them regularly.
    They usually post the approx round counts on Practiscore I believe.
    Take a look at the 2022 Action shooting schedule, if they have the 200 yard range that month, the longest rifle shot would be about 205. Without the 200 yard range, your max would be about 60-65 yards.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Signed up for USPSA, but will be traveling to SHOT on falling steel Sunday

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Round count-roughly 50-60 for shotgun (sometimes an option for 2-4 slugs), 50-60 rifle, 40-50 pistol I believe. I'm not on the AGC Action shooting committee but shoot them regularly.
    They usually post the approx round counts on Practiscore I believe.
    Take a look at the 2022 Action shooting schedule, if they have the 200 yard range that month, the longest rifle shot would be about 205. Without the 200 yard range, your max would be about 60-65 yards.

Thanks for a solid summary.

This is pretty accurate. I recommend doubling these numbers to account for misses but generally speaking 50 of each for 2/3 gun is a pretty solid plan. We do send an email with actual round counts the week of the match to all registered shooters as well as notify if you need slugs.

Josh

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    what is the general round count for uspsa and for 2 & 3 gun? farthest shots for 2 & 3 gun?

USPSA is generally under 150 rounds bring 200 to be safe. Let’s say 20 to 30 rounds per stage if you don’t miss, the classifier stage is usually under 20. Last two months it was 12 shots each match.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    ok i'll give the uspsa match a try, thanks for the info. looks like the first two matches were 120 and 126 rounds, hopefully this one will be closer to the 150?!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm showing customers at Masada Tactical the Steel Challenge videos and handing out the business cards Megarms gave me.

Once ammo prices become semi normal, I can fill the roster with Masada customers alone.
    It really does amaze me that so many of the local shops are uninterested in competitive shooting... there's potential to drive some real biz there, especially closer to AGC.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thank God for burn barrels. It was 15 outside when I left the Stove Palace and had dropped to 10 when I pulled into the AGC.

That didn't stop some newbs from coming out, we had two in our squad and they both said that they had a great time and will definitely be shooting with us again.

Good times.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Thank God for burn barrels. It was 15 outside when I left the Stove Palace and had dropped to 10 when I pulled into the AGC.

That didn't stop some newbs from coming out, we had two in our squad and they both said that they had a great time and will definitely be shooting with us again.

Good times.

Damn that's hardcore. Not sure I'd want to shoot in this but I'd probably do it if I had signed up.

Good times.

Damn that's hardcore. Not sure I'd want to shoot in this but I'd probably do it if I had signed up.

After working outside with water all day yesterday and knowing there was a waitlist, I withdrew yesterday afternoon. Standing outside in 15f weather on my only day off, didn't sound appealing.
    As rbird7282 stated above, if there wasn't someone waiting for an open spot, I would have braved it out.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Fortunately the squad two ahead of us was special needs or something because they were SLOW....:innocent0 Which allowed us time to warm up enough at the burn barrel to make it through each stage. Layers also helped.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Fortunately the squad two ahead of us was special needs or something because they were SLOW....:innocent0 Which allowed us time to warm up enough at the burn barrel to make it through each stage. Layers also helped.

:lol2::lol2:
    I'd think the cold weather would make you shoot faster to be done and get the hell out of there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom