• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Sorry to hear this. I was planning to watch. With the reschedule, maybe I'll have the time to practice position shooting with the Garand I just got and participate in the match.

Awesome hope you’ll join us. AGC high power also hosts 200 yard garand matches that are great practice

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Yes really sad to say this is canceled due to weather. This is my personal favorite match of the year so very disappointed. I also spent tons of time this week loading ammo, clips and getting gear together. Big thanks to everyone who signed up and also volunteers.

We are looking at a makeup date and expecting something late September, so keep an eye out and I’ll post it up when we lock it in.
    I know you didn't take the decision to cancel lightly. I'm sure the next will make up for it ;)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Sorry to hear this. I was planning to watch. With the reschedule, maybe I'll have the time to practice position shooting with the Garand I just got and participate in the match.
    If you haven't done any type of action shooting on the clock, you might try one of AGC's falling steel matches to get a feel for it. Depending on where you live, Delta Peach Bottom Fish and Game Association in Delta PA has a very newbie friendly steel match (the next one is 6/26). They also have a monthly Axis and Allies match for milsurp rifles. It is all from the bench, so not exactly action shooting, but a great way to sight in, familiarize yourself with, and practice loading your Garand. We should be posting details soon.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Dang I took a PTO day for this. Oh well, I'll have to find something else to do on a day off
    Really sorry… we went back and forth and watched weather forecasts for days.

Just rain we would have chanced it but the 50% threat of thunderstorms had us in a bind. We knew many people were driving to this and we didn’t want people stuck under the one shelter during a thunderstorm.

We choose to go forward = major storms
    We choose to cancel = no eain

Sigh…

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Question…is a fixed carry handle, A2, fixed stock, round hand guard, 20” AR-15 acceptable for Cold War class? HBAR for Maryland, of course.

I have been pricing authentic and retro A1 upper receivers and they do not come with Vaseline. I could fit a 20” Gov’t profile barrel to a different A2 upper receiver since the receiver is pre-2013

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Question…is a fixed carry handle, A2, fixed stock, round hand guard, 20” AR-15 acceptable for Cold War class? HBAR for Maryland, of course.

I have been pricing authentic and retro A1 upper receivers and they do not come with Vaseline. I could fit a 20” Gov’t profile barrel to a different A2 upper receiver since the receiver is pre-2013
    Yes that would be acceptable. The key is the iron sight only feature. We don’t want modern optics showing up.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Noooooooo
    yeah. Even if I could weasel out of one obligation (which I'm trying to do anyway), the other one would take over. There's really no way out. That's a real bummer, and I'm going to sulk about it...well...until the next match, probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom