• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    AGC will be hosting our C&R/Milsurp 2 Gun Action Match on Sunday, June 12th.

The match will feature 4 stages, each stage based on a historical WW1 or WW2 battle. There will of course be a D-Day themed stage, shooting out to 200 yards, different props depending on the stage theme, and more.

Divisions will be as follows:

Manual Division:

Rifle: Any military surplus bolt action rifle, or any lever action rifle. Bolt actions must be stripper clip or manually fed with a magazine capacity no greater than 10 rounds, using only iron sights or period correct optics. Detachable magazines may not be used for reloads at any time. We encourage you to bring out legitimate WW1/WW2 rifles such as the Mosin Nagant, P14/M1917, Enfield, Mauser, 1903 Springfield, K31, Etc.

Pistol: Any revolver or pistol with iron sights only. Modern pistols (Post 1970) may only load magazines to 7 round capacity, period correct firearms may be loaded to their full capacity using magazines or feeding systems that are period correct (Pre-1970).

Auto Division:

Rifle: Any semi-automatic rifle designed or militarily adopted prior to 1946, with a magazine capacity no greater than 15 rounds, using only iron sights or period correct optics. May use stripper clips, en-bloc clips, or detachable magazines. We encourage you to bring out legitimate WW2 era rifles such as the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, SVT-40, G43, AG-42B, MAS series rifles, etc. SKS are allowed.

Pistol: Any revolver or pistol with iron sights only. Modern pistols (Post 1970) may only load magazines to 7 round capacity, period correct firearms may be loaded to their full capacity using magazines or feeding systems that are period correct (Pre-1970).

Bayonet & Knife: If you have a bayonet for your rifle, bring it. It is not required but there is potential for a stage to require bayonetting or stabbing a target. We will provide a knife if you do not bring a bayonet of your own for this purpose.

If you have a question about gear or have something that fits the spirit of the match but doesn't exactly meet the requirements, ask and we will make a determination.

Ideally this will be a fun and friendly match and a chance for people to get out and use their interesting historical firearms in an exciting way. More info will be posted as we get closer. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    We will follow the Mid Atlantic Multigun Rules for this match, with addendum, the most important regarding ammo:

3.1 Handgun ammunition must be:
    3.1.1 Centerfire: .30 (7.62) or larger, including 7.62x25 and .30 Mauser.
    3.1.1.1 9mm to 45 ACP is recommended
    3.1.2 No pistol round shall have a velocity exceeding 1500 fps.
    3.1.3 No pistol round shall have a velocity below 750 fps. (Nagant and Webley Revolvers are ok)
    3.1.4 5.7x28 is specifically prohibited.
    3.1.5 As mentioned in 3.3, no steel core ammo of any kind is allowed. Please check your surplus ammo beforehand.

3.2 Rifle ammunition must be:
    3.2.1 Centerfire: any caliber up to, and including, 8mm Mauser
    3.2.2 No rifle round shall have a velocity exceeding 3000 fps.
    3.2.3 5.7x28 is specifically prohibited.
    3.2.4 As mentioned in 3.3, no steel core ammo of any kind is allowed. This means no surplus silvertip/light ball 7.62x54r, Romanian light ball 8mm Mauser, black tip .30-06 or .308, etc.

3.3 Bimetal jacket and steel-jacketed ammunition can be used, provided it is not specifically armor-piercing (example modern Tula 7.62x54r). Ammunition containing tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, or steel/tungsten/penetrator core projectiles is prohibited. Participants will be given an opportunity to replace the prohibited ammunition with ammunition that is approved by the match and be allowed to continue to participate. If that competitor is discovered a second time utilizing prohibited ammunition, then the competitor will be disqualified from the event. Any damaged steel as a result of any use of prohibited ammunition will be replaced by the competitor found to be using the prohibited ammunition regardless of first offense or not.

3.4 For any questions related to ammunition, please contact the Match Director before the match and we will work with you to ensure you have the proper ammunition.

Any questions please email matchdirector@agcrange.org or PM me.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    AGC will be hosting our C&R/Milsurp 2 Gun Action Match on Sunday, June 12th.

The match will feature 4 stages, each stage based on a historical WW1 or WW2 battle. There will of course be a D-Day themed stage, shooting out to 200 yards, different props depending on the stage theme, and more.

Divisions will be as follows:

Manual Division:

Rifle: Any military surplus bolt action rifle, or any lever action rifle. Bolt actions must be stripper clip or manually fed with a magazine capacity no greater than 10 rounds, using only iron sights or period correct optics. Detachable magazines may not be used for reloads at any time. We encourage you to bring out legitimate WW1/WW2 rifles such as the Mosin Nagant, P14/M1917, Enfield, Mauser, 1903 Springfield, K31, Etc.

Auto Division:

Rifle: Any semi-automatic rifle designed or militarily adopted prior to 1946, with a magazine capacity no greater than 15 rounds, using only iron sights or period correct optics. May use stripper clips, en-bloc clips, or detachable magazines. We encourage you to bring out legitimate WW2 era rifles such as the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, SVT-40, G43, AG-42B, MAS series rifles, etc. SKS are allowed.

Bayonet & Knife: If you have a bayonet for your rifle, bring it. It is not required but there is potential for a stage to require bayonetting or stabbing a target. We will provide a knife if you do not bring a bayonet of your own for this purpose.

If you have a question about gear or have something that fits the spirit of the match but doesn't exactly meet the requirements, ask and we will make a determination.

Ideally this will be a fun and friendly match and a chance for people to get out and use their interesting historical firearms in an exciting way. More info will be posted as we get closer. Looking forward to seeing you there!
    that is wayyyy cool , love seeing "old iron " being used .

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    We have added a Cold War division to broaden the scope of firearms that can participate in the match:

Cold War Division:

Rifle: Any semi-automatic rifle designed or militarily adopted after 1946 and prior to 1986, with a magazine capacity no greater than 20 rounds, using only iron sights or period correct optics. May use stripper clips, en-bloc clips, or detachable magazines. Magazines with greater than 20 round capacity will be loaded to no more than 20 rounds. We encourage you to bring out rifles such as the FAL, M1A, CETME/G3, retro ARs, etc.

Pistol: Any revolver or pistol with iron sights only. No optics allowed on pistols. Pistols with magazines greater than 15 round capacity will be loaded to no more than 15 rounds

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    We have added a Cold War division to broaden the scope of firearms that can participate in the match:

Cold War Division:

Rifle: Any semi-automatic rifle designed or militarily adopted after 1946 and prior to 1986, with a magazine capacity no greater than 20 rounds, using only iron sights or period correct optics. May use stripper clips, en-bloc clips, or detachable magazines. Magazines with greater than 20 round capacity will be loaded to no more than 20 rounds. We encourage you to bring out rifles such as the FAL, M1A, CETME/G3, retro ARs, etc.

Pistol: Any revolver or pistol with iron sights only. No optics allowed on pistols. Pistols with magazines greater than 15 round capacity will be loaded to no more than 15 rounds
    Thanks…now I have to build a Maryland legal retro upper for my AR….
    good job adding that class…

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Man, this sounds great. I don't have a milsurp gun for the occasion (yet), but I'll at least get up there to watch this.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Thanks…now I have to build a Maryland legal retro upper for my AR….
    good job adding that class…

Glad we could give you a good reason lol

Man, this sounds great. I don't have a milsurp gun for the occasion (yet), but I'll at least get up there to watch this.

Should give you a chance to check out some cool stuff and see what you might be interested in. Still time if you’re able to pick something up too

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm in! Now I just need to decide between Cold War M1A and pistol with 15 rounds OR my M1 Garand and my dad's M1911 service issued .45.
    I think I know which way I'm leaning....

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm in! Now I just need to decide between Cold War M1A and pistol with 15 rounds OR my M1 Garand and my dad's M1911 service issued .45.
    I think I know which way I'm leaning....
    Either way would be fun but I think I'd know which way I'd go

And now I got off that day to come out. I'll be there
    Great news see you there! would love to see the hakim in action

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    So, what time does this start on Sunday? I'm planning to come up to watch and learn.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Just got the email that this is canceled. I had been wringing my hands watching the weather forecast since yesterday. Although somewhat heartbreaking, I completely understand.

Murphy's law...I was getting a head start on loading mags and strippers and gathering all the crap the two of us will need (and almost as much crap we probably won't need) this morning instead of nearly midnight like I usually do. I'm never this far ahead...and now I guess I've got to put it all back :o

Oh well...extra looking forward to next time.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Yes really sad to say this is canceled due to weather. This is my personal favorite match of the year so very disappointed. I also spent tons of time this week loading ammo, clips and getting gear together. Big thanks to everyone who signed up and also volunteers.

We are looking at a makeup date and expecting something late September, so keep an eye out and I’ll post it up when we lock it in.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Sorry to hear this. I was planning to watch. With the reschedule, maybe I'll have the time to practice position shooting with the Garand I just got and participate in the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom