After this fall - they will say there used to be deer at Gwynbrook/DNR offices in Owings Mills

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    I'm going to be hunting it until I get my fill of revenge. Apparently nobody is killing enough of them. Wife didn't get a look at it after it rammed her. Said it ran off. Right as you approach mpt/gwynbrook. Approached from the side. No way to avoid this one.

WtEvZac.jpg

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Why am I seeing so many deer running around this spring, and dead on the road?

I don't usually see this many running until Nov. I dont think that the population is much bigger than last year. I almost killed one myself on the way to the range last week.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Why am I seeing so many deer running around this spring, and dead on the road?

I don't usually see this many running until Nov. I dont think that the population is much bigger than last year. I almost killed one myself on the way to the range last week.
    The coyote population is exploding so there is real predator pressure pushing them around. Much more so than the typical hunting season stuff.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    The coyote population is exploding so there is real predator pressure pushing them around. Much more so than the typical hunting season stuff.
    Maybe you are right but I have not seen a single coyote in over a year. I have seen a lot of foxes. What we really need is a bobcat explosion to kill all the geese.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    TONS of deer strikes out here in Harford County. Another thing that sucks is all replacement parts are back ordered for months. My brother needed a rear bumper replaced on his grand cherokee and it took 3 full months to be repaired.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    TONS of deer strikes out here in Harford County. Another thing that sucks is all replacement parts are back ordered for months. My brother needed a rear bumper replaced on his grand cherokee and it took 3 full months to be repaired.
    Ive been waiting on a tailgate for a 21 ram for 3 months so far , being replaced under warranty....dealer had several customer vehicles around back that were all waiting on backorderd parts

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    My car and a relative car are both damaged by hitting deer here in Delaware. We haven't gotten our cars back from repair yet. Not sure why deer are out in numerous number this Spring.

My car was damaged on 3/16. I can't take it to body shop until 3/21. Here I am still waiting.

Last edited:

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Maybe you are right but I have not seen a single coyote in over a year. I have seen a lot of foxes. What we really need is a bobcat explosion to kill all the geese.
    I hear yotes all the time. On camera I have a few but I've yet to engage in bow or boom range on my property.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I hunted fairly often a Gwynnbrook last season--saw a few deer here and there--saw some sign-saw a few other hunters but overall not that many---had one LONG shot--never found the arrow--never found the deer--pretty sure I hit it ( its a crossbow and dead nuts accurate)but no luck--looked for several hours the following day---nothing

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    I hunted fairly often a Gwynnbrook last season--saw a few deer here and there--saw some sign-saw a few other hunters but overall not that many---had one LONG shot--never found the arrow--never found the deer--pretty sure I hit it ( its a crossbow and dead nuts accurate)but no luck--looked for several hours the following day---nothing
    I'm sure the majority just take a few steps off property to MPT and the JCC grounds from opening day - Jan 31. Surrounding neighborhoods are concentrated with them. Just need the archery safety zone reduced to 25 yards.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    FWIW, my Outback heads to the shop today. Three weeks ago a woman made a U-turn from the right lane and physics kicked in. I'm expecting to be without Sue for a few weeks. I'm told the parts backlog is impressive.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    FWIW, my Outback heads to the shop today. Three weeks ago a woman made a U-turn from the right lane and physics kicked in. I'm expecting to be without Sue for a few weeks. I'm told the parts backlog is impressive.
    I got nailed by a lady the day before Thanksgiving. The car was drivable, luckily. Got it back from the shop 2 weeks ago, after they had it for a couple of weeks as they found more parts they needed.

If you can still drive your car, DO NOT give it to the body shop until they have ALL of your parts in.

DeadInside

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2022
    SOMD
    If you can still drive your car, DO NOT give it to the body shop until they have ALL of your parts in.

THIS^^^
    Guy backed into my wife’s Acura damaging the lift gate and bumper cover (but still drivable). First it was a 2.5 month wait to get into the body shop we wanted to use then they have had it sitting there almost a month waiting for the new lift gate that had to be ordered. We asked them but they did not want to assess it for the parts needed before taking it into the shop because of the possibility of “hidden damage” behind bumper cover or in the lift gate (that I knew would need replacement). I understand that but seems ridiculous the vehicle sitting there for a month when we could have been using it rather the the rental car. The rental is on State Farm or else I would have handled it more aggressively.

Correction - we dropped the Acura off the first week of March so it’s been sitting there nearly two months waiting on the lift gate.
    Just heard from them it should be done later today or definitely by tomorrow…

Last edited:

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Insurance is covering a rental. I was enjoying taking a few weeks off from thinking about killing deer 24/7. Thanks a lot bambi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom