• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    So after correcting my employment info, I received an email indicating that I am Not Disapproved. However, in the licensing portal, status is still, "UNDER REVIEW MDSP." What now?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So after correcting my employment info, I received an email indicating that I am Not Disapproved. However, in the licensing portal, status is still, "UNDER REVIEW MDSP." What now?

Someone just probably needs to enter it in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County

It’s odd but who knows what parts are automated and what are manual on their side. I would give it 24 hours if it was me.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    Someone just probably needs to enter it in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s odd but who knows what parts are automated and what are manual on their side. I would give it 24 hours if it was me.

Gotcha. Guess I'm just on high alert after realizing (belatedly) that my 77R had an issue and I received no email notification. Seems like kind of a stupid system that they don't notify you when you need to change something.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky

I went into "SECOND REVIEW" yesterday. I just checked again and now it's showing "UNDER REVIEW MDSP".

Google doesn't seem to have much on the "UNDER REVIEW MDSP". How did yours turn out?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I went into "SECOND REVIEW" yesterday. I just checked again and now it's showing "UNDER REVIEW MDSP".

Google doesn't seem to have much on the "UNDER REVIEW MDSP". How did yours turn out?
    Agree with Art3 from the other thread - chilling is your best option. Your status is not going to show as "not disapproved" on the portal until your 7 day wait has elapsed in full and they send the email, in your case that should be tomorrow at 6AM. They usually keep the variable "under review" and "2nd review" status active in one form or the other until the "not disapproved" email goes through (at which time you are clear). There's no such thing as an early "not disapproved" indicated in any way to the buyer on a 77R on the portal. Obsessing on it is just going to raise your stress. Have a celebratory adult beverage of your choosing, if you imbibe, on the on the eve of the email instead.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Agree with Art3 from the other thread - chilling is your best option. Your status is not going to show as "not disapproved" on the portal until your 7 day wait has elapsed in full and they send the email, in your case that should be tomorrow at 6AM. They usually keep the variable "under review" and "2nd review" status active in one form or the other until the "not disapproved" email goes through (at which time you are clear). There's no such thing as an early "not disapproved" indicated in any way to the buyer on a 77R on the portal. Obsessing on it is just going to raise your stress. Have a celebratory adult beverage of your choosing, if you imbibe, on the on the eve of the email instead.

Sorry... But the wait is a killer! As for the Not disapproved, that info I got from my FFL the other day. I contacted my FFL to see what he was showing because I had read the FFLs had early access on their system.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA

In my case: I reached out to the licensing division, and was told that I'm still Not Disapproved and that there is nothing else to do. No explanation for why it's still showing as "Under Review MDSP."

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Sorry... But the wait is a killer! As for the Not disapproved, that info I got from my FFL the other day. I contacted my FFL to see what he was showing because I had read the FFLs had early access on their system.
    Don't let the wait get to you. Not worth it and checking status provides nothing new, unless you actually have something new to worry about on a background check, which I suspect you don't.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Don't let the wait get to you. Not worth it and checking status provides nothing new, unless you actually have something new to worry about on a background check, which I suspect you don't.

To my knowledge, I don't have anything to worry about other than possibly filling out the 77r/4473 incorrectly. In the last couple months, I feel like I've had my background checked more than all prior years of my life combined!

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    To my knowledge, I don't have anything to worry about other than possibly filling out the 77r/4473 incorrectly. In the last couple months, I feel like I've had my background checked more than all prior years of my life combined!
    What are you picking up tomorrow, as an aside?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    In my case: I reached out to the licensing division, and was told that I'm still Not Disapproved and that there is nothing else to do. No explanation for why it's still showing as "Under Review MDSP."
    I haven’t checked in a while, but I had “Under Review MDSP” shown as a status on two old 77R’s amongst a list of about 10 “Not Disapproved” ‘s. This was after I got the “Not Disapproved” emails and picked up the handguns. I’m not sure why the website portal never updated the status, but I don’t really care. This is on their end, not my problem. One day I’ll get curious enough to login and see if they ever changed that.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    I haven’t checked in a while, but I had “Under Review MDSP” shown as a status on two old 77R’s amongst a list of about 10 “Not Disapproved” ‘s. This was after I got the “Not Disapproved” emails and picked up the handguns. I’m not sure why the website portal never updated the status, but I don’t really care. This is on their end, not my problem. One day I’ll get curious enough to login and see if they ever changed that.

I got the official Not Disapproved email this morning and when I checked the portal, it updated to Not Disapproved from Under Review by MDSP.

Now that I have experience with the process, time for me to get another 77r into the pool.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I got the official Not Disapproved email this morning and when I checked the portal, it updated to Not Disapproved from Under Review by MDSP.

Now that I have experience with the process, time for me to get another 77r into the pool.
    Pics or it didn't happen. :innocent0 Preferably in this thread:

A P365XL is in the current EDC rotation and I just started my own wait on a standard P365 this AM.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA

In my case, I just wanted to be sure that there wasn't a disconnect and that I didn't receive the Not Disapproved email in error.

I also suspect that part of the problem was the fact that my 77R got kicked back because I needed to provide more information on my place of employment (as we discussed earlier in the thread).

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Pics or it didn't happen. :innocent0 Preferably in this thread:

A P365XL is in the current EDC rotation and I just started my own wait on a standard P365 this AM.

There is one thing, and I'm guessing it's because it's new. The slide lock and the safety are super hard! Way harder than anything I tested when I was at the different LGSs.

Attachments

• IMG_4598.jpeg
      IMG_4598.jpeg
      156.8 KB · Views: 38
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey