• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I’ll first start off with, I am a Glock Fanboy… There, I’ve said it… It’s all I’ve been issued, for over 28 years. I understand it, I’m comfortable with it and I trust it. That being said, I always change the sights, I always do something to improve upon the trigger and, if there’s a way to increase magazine capacity, I’ll do that too. Usually it’s in the form of a Pierce extension, like the +1 I have on my G43.
    When I was with MPDC (retired) we were only allowed certain Glocks, for off duty carry, hence my 19, 26 & 43. The other day, I was doing the paperwork on MY old, MPD issued, duty weapon, a G17 gen II. While I am finger f’n my long lost partner, I look down and see a G43x, that I have been admiring through articles in magazines, for a while, without ever actually holding one. I have to be honest. I’ve never really cared much for my 43. The mag. cap. sucks, and the grip too short. Even with all of the aforementioned improvements I’ve made, it never really tickled my fancy. I asked if I could check out the X, and lo and behold, it fit like a glove! I take them both, I said. Blue label price $380!!!! Who could pass that up, I thought. Soon, I was purchasing some Ameriglo sights and ordering a Ghost Edge trigger bar. So now I’m at what, $520? Starting to get expensive, for a mere 3 round increase…. Right?
    Well, on the way home, I’m telling my buddy about my new new acquisition, and he tells me about some new magazines made by Shield Arms. He tells me they hold 15 rounds!!! Holy moly!! I’ve got to get me some of those!!!…… There goes another $100… $620ish now.
    Today, I went to Big Dog Suppliers, in King George, VA. with my other buddy, and bought another 15 round mag, ‘cause, you can never have enough, right???? $670…. I’m strolling around the store, to see what else they had, (spoiler alert! They have a lot!) and was led to a whole case full of black beauties. There, in proud display, was an Sig 365 macro… What is this, I said, with a gleaming, boyish, inquisitive look on my face. Please sir., May I finger that one a bit? And that’s all it took, to crush my world. This new fangled Sig. 365 macro, has it all!!! The darn thing feels incredible in my hand, has night sights from the factory, has an outstanding trigger and has a mag. capacity of 17+1. It’s almost exactly the same size as the 43x and cost about the same amount as what I’ve now spent on my 43x. Actually, a little less.
    Have you ever heard the expression, if I could do it all over? Well, I would! In a heartbeat. Never been a fan of Sig, until now…

Last edited:

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I have been a Glock guy for 10 years. A few weeks ago I had a couple buddies over to shoot pistols at my house. One buddy had an Sig P365. I shot one magazine through it and became not a Glock guy anymore.

I had my Glock 43 (my edc) sold verbally within a few minutes to another buddy that was there that had been wanting one. The next day I went and did paperwork on an Sig P365 and while I was there at the FFL I fingered an X Macro. Had to have that one too. Since buying that one it has become my favorite pistol I own.

All of my Glocks are gone other than my 19 Gen 3 and I have a feeling it will be replaced with an Sig 320 sooner than later.

I just like the sigs better in every way.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I have been a Glock guy for 10 years. A few weeks ago I had a couple buddies over to shoot pistols at my house. One buddy had an Sig P365. I shot one magazine through it and became not a Glock guy anymore.

I had my Glock 43 (my edc) sold verbally within a few minutes to another buddy that was there that had been wanting one. The next day I went and did paperwork on an Sig P365 and while I was there at the FFL I fingered an X Macro. Had to have that one too. Since buying that one it has become my favorite pistol I own.

All of my Glocks are gone other than my 19 Gen 3 and I have a feeling it will be replaced with an Sig 320 sooner than later.

I just like the sigs better in every way.
    The ergonomics of that thing, just blows Glock away! I have 7 Glocks. I won’t be selling them, but Sig is light years ahead, with this one

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    My P365 and my X Macro are the most comfortable pistols I have ever held in my hands. They just fit and I shoot them much better than I could shoot my Glocks. Now when I hold a Glock in my hands like I hold an Sig the sights are pointed up at the sky. A sig just feels better.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I should clarify…. All of my shooter Glocks are gone… all of my vintage collectible Glocks are still with me including an MPDC stamped Gen 1 model 17. Were you ever issued one of the MPDC stamped Gen 2 19’s? I’ve been looking for one forever and can’t locate one.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I’m a Glock person but I have not yet fondled the 365, so we’ll see. I don’t have any single stack Glocks and won’t be buying any until I shoot a 365.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I should clarify…. All of my shooter Glocks are gone… all of my vintage collectible Glocks are still with me including an MPDC stamped Gen 1 model 17. Were you ever issued one of the MPDC stamped Gen 2 19’s? I’ve been looking for one forever and can’t locate one.
    I have an MPDC stamp gen I (17), a gen II (17) with MPxxxxDC serial number, a gen III (19) which is also my shooter, a gen I (26), a 43, a gen IV (22) and now a 43X
    F27B2501-A8BB-4135-9919-3285FD9264BC.jpeg

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Nice! One of the MPDC Gen 2 19’s has eluded me for years. I’ve seen a few for sale over the years but they haven’t hit the market in forever. One day I’ll find one.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I’m a Glock person but I have not yet fondled the 365, so we’ll see. I don’t have any single stack Glocks and won’t be buying any until I shoot a 365.
    If you hold that new Macro, you will not buy another Glock. I think I’m done with them. Though, I still wouldn’t mind having a Gen V 34MOS

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    For me the ergonomics were a big part but so was the trigger and the overall way I shot it compared to the Glock. It was just better.

Plus it holds 10 rounds instead of 6 in the mag. Please do keep in mind tho that Sig magazines are stupid expensive compared to Glock mags.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    For me the ergonomics were a big part but so was the trigger and the overall way I shot it compared to the Glock. It was just better.

Plus it holds 10 rounds instead of 6 in the mag. Please do keep in mind tho that Sig magazines are stupid expensive compared to Glock mags.
    Yeah, these Shield Arms mags, are kinda expensive too. Oh well, after my upgrades, the X should be a great little gun. It’s just too bad Glock can’t up their game, a bit. Those factory sights suck. At least they’ve improved their triggers on the Gen V’s, a little. I did a complete spring and trigger connector job on my 19. That thing is awesome now. I just don’t care for the grip on that Gen III

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I tried a P365x and didn't like it so I bought the G43x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom