• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    It would be nice if there was a way to select "Add Feedback" for a user who you bought something from a private sale that didn't involve the classified section. For example I met up with Sgt. Psycho today for an 870 barrel and the feedback on the seamless transaction should be easy to provide. The only way I know how to add feedback is go to the Classified section and select the user name from a listing...

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    It would be nice if there was a way to select "Add Feedback" for a user who you bought something from a private sale that didn't involve the classified section. For example I met up with Sgt. Psycho today for an 870 barrel and the feedback on the seamless transaction should be easy to provide. The only way I know how to add feedback is go to the Classified section and select the user name from a listing...

I agree, it's almost a chore trying to give someone feedback, even if/when it does go through the Classifieds....and also wonder why the feedback is only seen in the Classifieds section? It should be visible anywhere on the site, or at least in their profile. It's almost as if one has nothing to do with the other...IE, site vs. Classifieds.

FWIW, I've also dealt with Sgt. Psycho, and it was a very easy deal to complete. :thumbsup:

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Yeah, I had some issues with it. Figured out a time consuming way through it though. Every user has a user ID (AKA UID) in a database which corresponds to their handle. If you go to a user feedback page (any) you will find out the UID for that user. I decided to look up Sgt. Psycho's join date and play the guessing game with ID's that were assigned when he joined. Ended up finding out the UID for him to provide him a +1 as I believe he deserved it. Again, PITA, but it's a way to get it done.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    ... Figured out a time consuming way through it though. Every user has a user ID (AKA UID) in a database which corresponds to their handle. ... I decided to look up Sgt. Psycho's join date and play the guessing game with ID's that were assigned when he joined. Ended up finding out the UID for him to provide him a +1 as I believe he deserved it. Again, PITA, but it's a way to get it done.

Find the regular MDS User profile page and check the URL. At the end of the URL is their user ID number.

Tihsho
    https://www.mdshooters.com/member.php?u=13571

71Chevelle427
    https://www.mdshooters.com/member.php?u=34627

fidelity
    https://www.mdshooters.com/member.php?u=18722

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It really isn't that hard.

It's also much easier if everyone uses the "commit to buy" or "commit to" functions as that automates the whole process.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 8.50.19 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 8.50.19 AM.png
      7.8 KB · Views: 89

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I agree, it's almost a chore trying to give someone feedback, even if/when it does go through the Classifieds....and also wonder why the feedback is only seen in the Classifieds section? It should be visible anywhere on the site, or at least in their profile. It's almost as if one has nothing to do with the other...IE, site vs. Classifieds.

FWIW, I've also dealt with Sgt. Psycho, and it was a very easy deal to complete. :thumbsup:

They are two separate products. ;)

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    It really isn't that hard.

It's also much easier if everyone uses the "commit to buy" or "commit to" functions as that automates the whole process.

I believe the OP did a deal outside of the Classifieds, which makes that whole "commit to buy" thing a moot point. In that offline scenario, you have to dig around a bit to add feedback. ;)

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I believe the OP did a deal outside of the Classifieds, which makes that whole "commit to buy" thing a moot point. In that offline scenario, you have to dig around a bit to add feedback. ;)

Then it is indeed a moot point since the feedback system is reflective of deals done through the classifieds here.

No reason why we'd want feedback to be reflective of anything else.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Norton, the feedback was for someone responding to my WTB. They didn't list up something, I asked if someone had something that they were looking to part with and they did a spectacular job communicating through the process and coming down to an agreement prior to meeting up for the sale in a timely fashion. Figure WTB's are the reverse of a classified ad, but people should still get feedback for being a buyer/seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom