Actual steps needed to be taken for CCW?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HAMMERED

Jun 17, 2015
    Carroll Co md
    I've been lazy and haven't read much here, But has anyone posted the actual steps,(taken in order to get application finished and submitted) this is so damn confusing to me, Please direct me to it if anyone cares to be helpful, Thanks alot!

Attachments

• DSCN2229.JPG
      DSCN2229.JPG
      269.5 KB · Views: 90

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I've been lazy and haven't read much here, But has anyone posted the actual steps,(taken in order to get application finished and submitted) this is so damn confusing to me, Please direct me to it if anyone cares to be helpful, Thanks alot!

You should join MSI, and support the fight.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015

You should join MSI, and support the fight.

Yes first step join MSI.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Not an actual step but the MSI steps are what I followed, very clear and up to date, and now I have my Maryland Wear and Carry Permit. Add to that that MSI's efforts have contributed greatly to our now being able to get a permit on a shall issue basis and their continuing efforts against Second Amendment infringement in Maryland and I think all Maryland gun owners should join and support Maryland Shall Issue.

jef955

Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    I'll second, third or whatever count it's up to now. MSI has a lot of detailed, and generally the most current and correct info on their website.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    And when you apply you can track the progress here:

And bitch about how long it is taking here:

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD

I hate to be a grump, but I'm going to be anyhow.

Saying you are lazy, and then asking us to tell you how to do something without putting any effort in is, well, not nice. You want easy. It isn't easy. Maryland makes it way too hard to get your permit. That said, the process isn't difficult to understand. Find and take a 16 hour class (or be exempt and find your paperwork to prove it). Get fingerprinted. Find three references to use that the Licensing Division folks won't even bother to contact (because they really can't use discretion anymore, and they are overloaded, so there is no point). Get an ID for the online portal and fill out the HGP application. Get comfortable 'cause it's gonna be awhile. A long while.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    The O.P. made a drive by.

Too lazy to do a forum search or google search and too lazy to thank people who did the work for him.
    Yup. Let him find his own info. "Too lazy" to look up info that is READILY available here doesn't say good things

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    For me it was easy since I have a DD214. I have to chuckle a little though. I was USAF. <1% of the USAF actually do real firearms training. I handle a 22lr mod M16 once at basic. Then a real M16 once at recert 2 years later. Only got the marksmanship ribbon because the guy next to me shot at my target and his. :D
    Now it is a waiting game.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    For me it was easy since I have a DD214. I have to chuckle a little though. I was USAF. <1% of the USAF actually do real firearms training. I handle a 22lr mod M16 once at basic. Then a real M16 once at recert 2 years later. Only got the marksmanship ribbon because the guy next to me shot at my target and his. :D
    Now it is a waiting game.
    I'm retired USAF as well but also one of those who did qual with Rifle and handgun regularly. Not that i'd put that training up to other branches but i could shoot prior to joining. My father started our training early, which is why i teach my grands early as well.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    I'm retired USAF as well but also one of those who did qual with Rifle and handgun regularly. Not that i'd put that training up to other branches but i could shoot prior to joining. My father started our training early, which is why i teach my grands early as well.
    When I was about 6, something happened with my father that turned him so anti gun that he took away all of our toy guns. He was not anti gun toward others. After all he was a staunch Reagan Republican. If he were alive today he might think he failed, yet again, with me upon seeing my closet.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Its really not that complicated . Complete a required 16 hour approved course, very easy. Obtain livescan fingerprints from state approved entity, there are many. Go to MSP licensing portal , create an account. Fill out the application fully, nothing hard just make sure its complete. Include the required livescan fingerprint info, a digital passport style photo, you can crop it right on the application, and the proof of training . Then pay the $75, submit your application and wait. Its not difficult at all. Just remember to get the fingerprints done just before you submit because I think they only keep them on file a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom