• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Any of you guys own an Accuracy international rifle?
    I want to get into the long range shooting game and I wanna skip the BS
    of buying a budget, or beginner rifle. I know the price is high, but I wanna
    know what y'all have paid for yours or any experience at all.

thank gents !

racerbob66

Nov 19, 2009
    North East, MD
    91A6C5DB-3221-4FE2-BE3E-C3A65F37180F.jpg

I love my AIAT, it’s my favorite rifle. The quick change barrel is is awesome, I have several different length 6.5 CM and .308 barrels. An Allen wrench is all that is neded to change barrels. I believe I paid about $4300 several years ago. It is worth every penny. I have/had Remington bolt actions in AI chassis, but a real AI rifle is in a whole different class of rifle.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    You don't need to spend a lot of money for a long range rifle though. $650 for rifle and scope total and you can hit reliably at 1000 all day. Just saying.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    AI is def a good place to start! read over at snipershide.com, lots of long range stuff there. don't cheap out on glass, can't hit what you can't see. as OLM alluded to, it is more the indian than the arrow, good gear doesn't guarantee success but it sure helps.

High Q

Jan 16, 2009
    I'm sure Accuracy International makes an excellent rifle, but after doing my research, I went with a G A Precision rifle. They are the only ones in the business that have a 3/8 moa accuracy guarantee with good factory ammo. (Most builders offer no guarantee, and several offer a 1/2 moa.) Mine is amazingly accurate, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I usually can't spot more than a single hole through my spotting scope, when at 200 yards. I need to retrieve the target to verify my shots.

The gun attracts a crowd at the range because of its looks, and everyone is always amazed at its groups.

Just do yourself a favor and check them out. If you end up buying the Accuracy International, I'd like to compare what they can do sometime.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    You don't need to spend a lot of money for a long range rifle though. $650 for rifle and scope total and you can hit reliably at 1000 all day. Just saying.

Yea, but imagine how cool I’ll look whipping out an AI rifle vs a 1k set up. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I'm sure Accuracy International makes an excellent rifle, but after doing my research, I went with a G A Precision rifle. They are the only ones in the business that have a 3/8 moa accuracy guarantee with good factory ammo. (Most builders offer no guarantee, and several offer a 1/2 moa.) Mine is amazingly accurate, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I usually can't spot more than a single hole through my spotting scope, when at 200 yards. I need to retrieve the target to verify my shots.

The gun attracts a crowd at the range because of its looks, and everyone is always amazed at its groups.

Just do yourself a favor and check them out. If you end up buying the Accuracy International, I'd like to compare what they can do sometime.

Let’s see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Check out Surgeon rifles too. There are also a lot of good chassis rifles out there for around 2K. If you're looking at long range get the rifle in 6.5 creedmoor and learn how to reload. My Tikka Tac A1 is sub 1/2 moa with hand loads.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    whatcha doing saturday? cmon out to peacemaker's first PRS match of the year. you'll see a ton of really nice rifles, glass and gear and have the opportunity to ask lots of questions and surely some or most will let you fondle them (the guns not the shooters...). free to spectate. also their website says some slots are still available so anyone interested should give them a call.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    If money is no object, you could always contact Alan Warner of Warner Tool Co.! There is top of the line and then there is the best there is!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    whatcha doing saturday? cmon out to peacemaker's first PRS match of the year. you'll see a ton of really nice rifles, glass and gear and have the opportunity to ask lots of questions and surely some or most will let you fondle them (the guns not the shooters...). free to spectate. also their website says some slots are still available so anyone interested should give them a call.

Are you competing this weekend?

I am thinking about going to watch for a few hours since I’ve never been before and want to complete in one some time this year.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I am thinking about going to watch for a few hours .

yep i'm doing this PRS match. if you're going to come out, you should just call them and see if they have room for one more and shoot the match. if it's like their last PRS match, roughly half will be prone at longer distances (like the LRC we did) and the other half more positional (barricades, barrels, logs, etc) at shorter distances. i'm in squad 1 and can loan you some bags, etc and sure others in other squads will do so as well if you need anything.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    yep i'm doing this PRS match. if you're going to come out, you should just call them and see if they have room for one more and shoot the match. if it's like their last PRS match, roughly half will be prone at longer distances (like the LRC we did) and the other half more positional (barricades, barrels, logs, etc) at shorter distances. i'm in squad 1 and can loan you some bags, etc and sure others in other squads will do so as well if you need anything.

Thanks for the offer to loan me equip.

I cant do the match because there is a 50% chance I be meeting with our accountant on Sat if they finish up our biz taxes. If that meeting doesn’t happen then I can go. I just wont know until Friday afternoon.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD

Mike with Tactical Operations offers a 1/4 MOA guarantee and has for a very long time. Both Mike and GAP are top notch operations but serving somewhat different clientele and vastly different methods of doing business.

One cannot go wrong with either Mike or GAP. The OP would be very well served to check in with GAP and Long Rifles Inc if he is interested in joining PRS. The 2nd, and equally important part of the equation is the shooter. The shooter has to be in decent shape and be able to shoot in numerous positions and under stress. Hit the gym and get the cardio workouts going.

*edit: That’s a Tactical Operations Delta-55 in my signature picture. I told my Tango-51’s and got completely out of .308.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Mike with Tactical Operations offers a 1/4 MOA guarantee and has for a very long time. Both Mike and GAP are top notch operations but serving somewhat different clientele and vastly different methods of doing business.

One cannot go wrong with either Mike or GAP. The OP would be very well served to check in with GAP and Long Rifles Inc if he is interested in joining PRS. The 2nd, and equally important part of the equation is the shooter. The shooter has to be in decent shape and be able to shoot in numerous positions and under stress. Hit the gym and get the cardio workouts going.

*edit: That’s a Tactical Operations Delta-55 in my signature picture. I told my Tango-51’s and got completely out of .308.

I will second the kudos on Mike Recsingo at Tac Ops, his rifles are literally works of art and shoots like a laser. However the wait time can be up to 2 yrs. and in excess of 5k. I have an Echo51 that is by far my pride and joy bolt gun.

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
      IMG_0244.jpg
      66.1 KB · Views: 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads