• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    MP5s are banned as clones of HK94s...

Not a MP5K clone... Just the HK92a2, a3. So straight and collapsing stock. They do not list the folding stock version which the K is... So I think you are good there. Since they took the time to dictate exactly which stock versions where banned... then if you pick a version with a different stock, you should be fine. This is shown to be the case several times with the Mini 14 for example. Now getting a dealer to agree might be hard...

(xxv) Heckler and Koch HK–91 A3, HK–93 A2, HK–94 A2 and A3;

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    I have no Internet Fu when restricted to my smartphone during working hours - but I think that MD had a list of banned assault pistols that predates SB281, and I think we hit the wall right there, IIRC. Also, the manufacturer (Atlantic) is not listed on the handgun roster as best as I can tell.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    Duffy's in Sparks Md had some of the MP5K Getz guns they were selling as AOW's. Not sure if they still do. Mine is in ATF purgatory

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    The MP5K AOW has no stock. That is why its considered an AOW as it has not stock and a front foregrip.
    mp5ksbr.html

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    The MP5K AOW has no stock. That is why its considered an AOW as it has not stock and a front foregrip.
    mp5ksbr.html

Well since we were talking SBRs, I assumed with stock. Yes the standard MP5K had no stock. The MP5K-PDW does:

MP5K-PDW: Personal Defense Weapon; MP5K-N variant introduced in 1991 for issue to special operations aircraft or vehicle crews. It adds a Choate side-folding stock, 5-inch 3-lug barrel for mounting a quick-detachable Qual-A-Tec suppressor, and an ambidextrous "Navy" 4-position trigger group with a 3-round burst mode. A shoulder cross-draw or thigh quick-draw holster is available.

MP3K_ImgID1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP5

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom