• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Does anyone know a threaded 1911 barrel I can get that allows me to use my AAC evolution suppressor? 1911 is full-sized Auto Ordnance.

I currently use it on an H&K .45 USP-Tactical.

I am not exactly sure what the thread size is but I think it is m16x1LH. I also have the H&K Mark 23 AAC piston (I think that is RH).

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    I came up with this in a search(note the HK etc)

Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 13-44-21 Common Thread Pitches - Capitol Armory.png

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Do you know of any (non custom) 1911 threaded barrels in M16x1LH that won't break the bank?

AAC has a piston for my Suppressor in .578x28 for $85 so I could just go that route if needed. I see several 1911 barrels in that size.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I installed a barrel off of brownells for a friend that from what I remember wasn’t very expensive

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I'm not deep into 1911 .45acp. All I came up with as far as M16x1LH was Jarvis.

Every place else I looked had .578x28(MidwayUSA has a few) barrels.

Thanks yeah I saw that site the barrel ends up being $350 from them. A bit more than I want to spend. Probably best to just get the standard piston from AAC and then seems like way more barrel choices.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Do you know of any (non custom) 1911 threaded barrels in M16x1LH that won't break the bank?

AAC has a piston for my Suppressor in .578x28 for $85 so I could just go that route if needed. I see several 1911 barrels in that size.

You prob can't find a 1911 barrel in M16 (which is 0.630") as it is bigger than the barrel bushing. Thats why the odd 0.578x28 exists just for 1911s.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    You prob can't find a 1911 barrel in M16 (which is 0.630") as it is bigger than the barrel bushing. Thats why the odd 0.578x28 exists just for 1911s.

I agree. I contacted AAC to make sure that piston is the correct one and if so I will get it. I am not sure what barrel will fit though. I have an auto ordnance 1911. Any ideas?

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Well this is a bust. AAC informed me that the piston I was looking at will not work with the Evolution. They don't have any piston's that will work. So either I have to get a barrel with M16 or some sort of adapter.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I am not sure what barrel to get. I want to just get the basic barrel, but it looks like it doesn't have the piece that goes on the loop. I don't know what that is called - barrel link maybe? Here is a picture of mine.

Attachments

• 20240607_171905.jpg
      20240607_171905.jpg
      399.8 KB · Views: 19

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Rebarrelling a 1911 requires tuning and fitting for lug engagement and barrel link length, not to mention bushing engagement.

I doubt, from what I am hearing, that this is something you would be able to do. I will save you some time, go to a Smith.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Rebarrelling a 1911 requires tuning and fitting for lug engagement and barrel link length, not to mention bushing engagement.

I doubt, from what I am hearing, that this is something you would be able to do. I will save you some time, go to a Smith.

Yep I am just reading about all this. For sure beyond my capabilities. I need the broken ejector replaced on this one anyway. Anyone know a gunsmith near Damascus?

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I just bought a barrel, barrel link and pin. I'll see how much fitting this requires. Comments say for Milspec 1911's it is close to drop-in. Fitting doesn't actually look too hard. Just a couple specialized tools is it. We'll see!

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I got the threaded barrel and the adapter in. The adapter works perfect and allows me to use my AAC suppressor on the 1911 barrel. The barrel itself for an initial first go fits perfectly. I will check all the barrel fitting points but it looks to need nothing at all. In fact, it seems to fit better than the factory barrel. I suspect the barrel link will need some fitting, which looks easy. It is a Wilson Combat SS one.

I will need some taller sights to see over the suppressor.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I got the threaded barrel and the adapter in. The adapter works perfect and allows me to use my AAC suppressor on the 1911 barrel. The barrel itself for an initial first go fits perfectly. I will check all the barrel fitting points but it looks to need nothing at all. In fact, it seems to fit better than the factory barrel. I suspect the barrel link will need some fitting, which looks easy. It is a Wilson Combat SS one.

I will need some taller sights to see over the suppressor.

Did you take her out to the range yet? I love suppressing my Mk23 and FNX45 but have always been interested in suppressing my 1911. The common wisdom given to me is "don't bother," but I think it'd be cool.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Did you take her out to the range yet? I love suppressing my Mk23 and FNX45 but have always been interested in suppressing my 1911. The common wisdom given to me is "don't bother," but I think it'd be cool.

Not yet. I still need to install the barrel link. That requires some fitting. I started filing though. I don't have tall sites for the 1911and can't find any anyway so this is probably just an exercise in "because I can".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    shatter

Latest threads

Top Bottom