• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not Bullfrog , and my comparison is slightly indirect , P-90 vs P-225 .

Both very accurate and reliable .

Ruger has better than average trigger , better than most Ruger DA/ SA , and good enough to not be impediment to its potential .

Sig has outstanding DA trigger for a semi .

Sig has a more nuetral balance . Ruger is a bit slide heavy , and a bit muzzle heavy . But not out of the ordinary , and no detriment to shooting .

Fondling in the store , Ruger's grip felt very good . Upon firing , it had just enough side to side twisting to annoy me . A Hogue slip on grip sleeve fixed that , and made it rock steady in rapid fire . Someday I'll probably get the actual replacement grips , but the slip on is fully functional .

It's my go to 4.25 inch .45acp , while the " Series 70 " Combat Commander remains a Queen .

python

Apr 15, 2010
    I think the P220 is one of the best guns on the planet. The P90, by comparison, is a solid, pedestrian, unspectacular pistol.

Last edited:

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    30 minutes with a soldering iron and you can stipple the original hard plastic and rather slick grips-not pretty but pretty grippy--a little bit of skateboard tape (3M Outdoor tread) helps the slide that is lacking serrations. Yeah its kind of industrial but like all Ruger products it just works

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ( At least with my hands ) It's not so much a slippery thing , it need a little more meat in certain places . If there were smooth wood grips of same shape , I'd imeadately grab them .

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    P90 history from a Ruger employee. Quoted from the Ruger Forum:

“The P90 was not designed around the 10mm cartridge as many think. It was designed for the .45 ACP. During the design phase, the 10mm was becoming popular so Bill Ruger asked us to look at the feasibility of making a 10mm version while it was in it's design stage. But there were no plans to consider a 10mm until after the .45 was completed and on the market. By the time this occurred, the 10mm was already losing popularity and according to the ammunition manufacturers, 10mm ammunition was moving very slowly. Bill Ruger decided the investment wasn't worth it and the project was dropped. To my knowledge, and I was very close to the project, there were never even any 10mm prototypes made. There were a few prototype 10mm barrels made and a few prototype 10mm magazine shells and recoil springs made but that was about it. No complete (functioning) guns were ever built. The project was dropped at that point. The P90 was not designed around the impulse of the 10mm cartridge, rather that of the SAAMI 230 gr .45 ACP +P cartridge.”

COFFEE POT

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom