• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Why does any firearm returned to the Consignor will require that a FEDERAL 4473 form and a check background be completed?
    the consignor just put a gun on consignment to sell , now only take his own firearm back home not purchase any firearm. really don 't understand.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    The item went into the licensee's a&d book. Can only leave to another licensee or to an individual subsequent to a nics check, unless the state allow the carry permit exemption. Still have to do the 4473 just no phone call.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Some years ago there was some concern about soon to be convicted criminals taking their guns to pawn shops, when the smoke cleared they would go back and pick them up. Sounds stupid but that was an argument at the time.
    PA charges for the NICS check and the dealer often passes the fee on to the customer, it was $15 a few years ago (2010?). I had six guns on consignment and when they didn't sell, I had to do the NICS check and pay the fee when I picked them up.

Naptown34

Super Genius !!
    MDS Supporter
    May 4, 2008
    Why does any firearm returned to the Consignor will require that a FEDERAL 4473 form and a check background be completed?
    the consignor just put a gun on consignment to sell , now only take his own firearm back home not purchase any firearm. really don 't understand.

This makes my head hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    It's one step worse than that. The state of Maryland requires that State Police do a NICS on regulated firearms. That process is not instant. It is usually a day or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom