• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thanks for a heads up from a member here, this has been a gripping reminder of why we must fight on here in Maryland, lest our children and grand children be caught up in the web of registration and confiscation like the people of California.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142038

Never believe them when they tell you that they aren't coming to arrest you for being a gun owner or that they don't want to take your guns away.

Once they know where they are and who has them all, they will do whatever they can to make a criminal out of you.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The reason I went to Annapolis four times was for my kids, not me. I don't want them losing their freedom.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    The reason I went to Annapolis four times was for my kids, not me. I don't want them losing their freedom.

Ditto. Bans with grandfathering are designed to seem more palatable to us because "they're not coming for our guns", but what about our kids?

Think of the children. :innocent0

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    JPFO.

What is generally assumed to enable effective gun confiscation? Registration. Only by knowing who has what and where, can confiscation be successful. The classic method to gain approval for registration of course is to trumpet loudly that it is the only way to ensure that guns do not fall into the wrong hands, and to safeguard against mass shootings etc.

David Kopel writes on this subject "Gun registration -- what Obama, Biden and Bloomberg euphemistically call "a national database" -- is also a perfect tool for the later confiscation of guns." He explores various aspects, including some of the history behind registration successes and ensuing confiscations. The fact that gun registration does not work for its touted purpose is obvious to those with half a brain, but the fact remains that its true, if hidden purpose, is the facilitation of confiscation.

Read this detailed article here.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd03/kopel-catastrophic-consequences.htm

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    There are multiple drawbacks from the proposed registration and bans they want to enact. If they ban certain types of weapons, I assume they will ban part, or else you could manufacture one. This will lead to people keeping unsafe weapons, "rigging" weapons and shooting guns that may be unsafe for all involved. They just can't see anything past their own noses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom