• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I've gotten kind of interested in shooting little targets. A year or so ago, I started shooting coin sized targets taped to my paper targets, but I kept losing them after they were shot.

I finally started shooting used shotgun hulls and such. I'm only at about 10 yards, but I think I can, in time, get out a little further.

I'm using a 6" barreled Smith & Wesson 586 with 148 grain DEWC.

Targets are used Remington Game Load Shells.

All in all, it's been fun and a great way to test accuracy. Paper is fun to shoot at, but reactive targets are a little more fun.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Aim small, miss small! I used to love shooting those light wadcutter loads out of my 6" 586, long ago. What powder charge? .357 or .38 cases?

(Tell your daughter to hold the phone sideways and get the landscape view...)

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Aim small, miss small! I used to love shooting those light wadcutter loads out of my 6" 586, long ago. What powder charge? .357 or .38 cases?

(Tell your daughter to hold the phone sideways and get the landscape view...)

.38 cases. 2.9 grains of Bullseye. Just a great target load.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    .38 cases. 2.9 grains of Bullseye. Just a great target load.

I see a pretty significant vertical POI change in my 6" 686 between light target loads and magnum loads. You will have to pick what to adjust your sights to and use some kentucky wind age for the other. I prefer to keep the gun on target for the magnum loads and aim low with lighter stuff.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Get a small note pad and enter another load every of pages. Write the sight adjustments and distance for each adjustment. Skip a few pages to enter another gun.
    You could always use a computer and print the pages or keep the adjustment for each gun in your cell phone notepad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom