9x18 Dies...HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU WANT?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I got curious this morning about reloading for 9x18 and I can't access Midway, Brownells, or most any gun site from work, but I can go to ebay. There are two on there for $125 and the other for $128. Is this what I'm looking at to get into 9x18?

Damn, won't be saving any money loading that round for years!

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    i was looking for some 380 ACP dies off ebay and they where asking the same price for lee. this is just some people trying to take advantage of the shortage and unknowing people
    I ended up buying a set of redding dies for about $35

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    Are you shooting it in the match? I haven't used mine in a match since last year. I loved using it too. If I had some steel cased ammo I'd use it tomorrow, but I don't. I refuse to use my brass cased because it's too hard to retrieve the brass after the match.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    . You can get plated Mak projectiles from Berry's Manufacturing.

I have not seen it listed on their website for the 2 months I've been looking for plated bullets. Only found the lead ones that Midway sells so far (in and out of stock)

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I have not seen it listed on their website for the 2 months I've been looking for plated bullets. Only found the lead ones that Midway sells so far (in and out of stock)

I guess that doesn't come as any surprise. I doubt they're putting much effort into making 9x18 with all of the craziness for other calibers at the moment.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Are you shooting it in the match? I haven't used mine in a match since last year. I loved using it too. If I had some steel cased ammo I'd use it tomorrow, but I don't. I refuse to use my brass cased because it's too hard to retrieve the brass after the match.

I have steel and brass and I plan to run both. I wondered about recovering the brass and I figured it would be a bitch to do. I want to see how they cycle though, so I'll just give the brass up to lost.

I hear you can cut 9mm Luger down...guess it's just a pain to do it, but that's my plan.

Maybe see you today.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I hear you can cut 9mm Luger down...guess it's just a pain to do it, but that's my plan.

Maybe see you today.

I am doing this. Yes it's painful but I"m getting better at it.
    I made a drill attachment to my trimmer recently.

My recovery rate at the indoor range is above 50% right now, I may make something to hang on the partition to deflect the brass to my feet. so they don't move forward. I have a clamp on net that works at the outdoor range.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    I am doing this. Yes it's painful but I"m getting better at it.
    I made a drill attachment to my trimmer recently.

My recovery rate at the indoor range is above 50% right now, I may make something to hang on the partition to deflect the brass to my feet. so they don't move forward. I have a clamp on net that works at the outdoor range.

I was warned the CZ-82's throw brass and it's not a lie! More like launch brass :D

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I did the net for the outdoor range cause I would not want to be standing within 20' of me to the right. sort of a courtesy thing. the reloads don't throw as far cause of the mild load. I even got a heavier spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom