• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What is this gun doing better than an mp5 besides the price?

We don't know it's not in production yet. But having the nostalgia of an AK, price point of a saiga, cheapness of a 9mm round, and the pure visual sexiness means count me in!!

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    based on this?
    Vityaz.jpg

The PP-19-01 is based on the AKS-74U compact assault rifle, with simple blowback action, although "Vityaz" (Knight in Russian) uses more conventional box magazines and fires more powerful 9x19 ammunition which is now standard in Russia.

As of mid-2007, PP-19-01 is in limited production in Izhevsk and is already in use by some specialized SWAT-type teams of Russian police and other law enforcement agencies.

The PP-19-01 "Vityaz" can also fire Russian issue 7N21 armor piercing ammunition.

The PP-19-01 "Vityaz" is based on AKS-74U compact assault rifle and shares about 70% of parts with the parent weapon. The gun is fired from closed bolt, ultilising standard AK-type trigger and safety / fire selector subsytems.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    We don't know it's not in production yet. But having the nostalgia of an AK, price point of a saiga, cheapness of a 9mm round, and the pure visual sexiness means count me in!!

YIPPEE KI YAY

Attachments

• 2012-10-06 18.15.52 (800x600).jpg
      2012-10-06 18.15.52 (800x600).jpg
      56.2 KB · Views: 275

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Pretty cool. The suppressor looks like a backwards Maglight flashlight on the barrel. I'm surprised there would be current development for a 9mm carbine when most folks are using rifle caliber carbines.

Yeah, same here. I would love to have a piston driven 9mm carbine.

Why?

Are you thinking solely in terms of noise reduction? Cause I could see that being worthwhile if the goal was an abusrdly quiet rifle. Or maybe some modest weight reduction, too, I suppose.

But in terms of overall complexity and reliability, why would you want a gas system in a gun that can run perfectly fine as a BB?

A STEN is about the simplest F/A ever made. 5 moving parts. Why design-in more failure points?

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Why?

Are you thinking solely in terms of noise reduction? Cause I could see that being worthwhile if the goal was an abusrdly quiet rifle. Or maybe some modest weight reduction, too, I suppose.

But in terms of overall complexity and reliability, why would you want a gas system in a gun that can run perfectly fine as a BB?

A STEN is about the simplest F/A ever made. 5 moving parts. Why design-in more failure points?

Because it's unique, I've actually been researching a 9mm AK build for a while now, but it looks like it will be blowback.

9mm is such a low power round (in a rifle) that it'll run fine in BB.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    It is based on the BISON smg. therefore:
    uses a simple straight blowback method of operation, an unlocked breech system reduces cost and build complexity. The Bizon's operating cycle is characterized by a very short recoil stroke, standard 9x18mm ammunition will only drive the bolt partially to the rear of the receiver and produces a cyclic rate of 700 rounds/min. High-impulse ammunition forces the bolt to travel all the way to the end of the receiver, barely striking the receiver wall. A rate of fire of 650–680 rounds/min is the result. This has the effect of reducing perceived recoil and increasing controllability and hit probability.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    It is based on the BISON smg. therefore:
    uses a simple straight blowback method of operation, an unlocked breech system reduces cost and build complexity. The Bizon's operating cycle is characterized by a very short recoil stroke, standard 9x18mm ammunition will only drive the bolt partially to the rear of the receiver and produces a cyclic rate of 700 rounds/min. High-impulse ammunition forces the bolt to travel all the way to the end of the receiver, barely striking the receiver wall. A rate of fire of 650–680 rounds/min is the result. This has the effect of reducing perceived recoil and increasing controllability and hit probability.

So is this thing 9mmx19 or 9x18..........nothing against 9x18 but nice standard 9x19 subguns are appealing. 9x18..........nyet.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    So is this thing 9mmx19 or 9x18..........nothing against 9x18 but nice standard 9x19 subguns are appealing. 9x18..........nyet.

It's 9x19. The original BISON design is 9x18, but it has since been revised. This is also not a BISON.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Thanks for the boner, and a reason to blow the ring fund. Holy crap I want that!!!!

ring.jpg
    Saiga-9-600x267.jpg

...commahhhhn....which would you rather get?(although jenni did get me the m&p45 threaded barrel for xmas after I gave her the ring...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom