9 states with live Constitutional carry bills..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Do US Territories have to follow of the USC and SCOTUS rulings?

I was recently in the US Virgin Islands. They require you to check in your firearm before you leave the airport. Unlike NYC, they say that they will return it/them when you depart.

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I think the start may be here:

I worked in Pago Pago, American Samoa for six months during the 70's. I never knew what the gun laws there were. I know that they used the US Tax Code but the island retained all the tax money rather than sending it to Washington. There was a big case there where an illegal alien that visited American Samoa and decided to visit Western Samoa for the day. Western Samoa is a New Zealand territory. When he wanted to return to American Samoa, he was blocked from entry because of a provision in immigration law that terminated reentry once you left the U.S or its territories. The guy was stuck in Western Samoa for years. He may still be there.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Do US Territories have to follow of the USC and SCOTUS rulings?

I was recently in the US Virgin Islands. They require you to check in your firearm before you leave the airport. Unlike NYC, they say that they will return it/them when you depart.
    Yes.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    When the dust ultimately settles after all is said and done it will be all 50 states (or 53 - 57 depending which politition you listen to) because it will ultimately be the law of the land just like the Constitution intended. I have yet seen anyone point to a legitimate permitting law from the founding era. (Jim Crow laws are NOT legitimate)
    I don't mean to be argumentative but i don't see in any way, shape or form the deep blue states allowing permit less carry. They will start the hot cw2 first. Between this and abortion are the hills they will literally die, well send others to die on. And believe that with every part of my being.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't mean to be argumentative but i don't see in any way, shape or form the deep blue states allowing permit less carry. They will start the hot cw2 first. Between this and abortion are the hills they will literally die, well send others to die on. And believe that with every part of my being.
    It's early days yet; Bruen is less than a year old, and I've already rec'd permits from MD, PA and FL so far.

The Deep Blue can't start a hot war without firearms, and they seem ready to carry them, so I dunno if that's a plus or a minus. Call it neutral.

I don't care for abortion, but it is welcomed by those I can do with fewer of, so I'm not going to stand in the way of their diminished replication.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The blue states are no more committed to carry permits than the deep south was to segregation before Brown v Board of Education and the subsequent court rulings. When it becomes the law of the land they will either comply or will have to live under court supervision until they do.

How many deep blue states do you count (we already have a majority of states 26 that are constitutional carry) and are those blue states contiguous or separated? They are not in a tactically strong position. In addition, what percentage of the population of the blue states actually oppose the 2nd amendment strongly enough to actually use a gun in revolt against permit less carry? Take Maryland for example, the MGA may oppose the idea but they will garner very little support on the eastern shore nor the counties on the western end of the state. There are at least 140,000 people who are willing to jump through all the hoops and spend a significant amount of money in order to get a permit which means a lot more would carry if it was free and easy.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    They'll act the same as they do with Bruen if SCOTUS ever rules ConCarry is the law of the land. Throw a fit and try some "innovative" gun control measures.
    Problem for them is they'll probably try all those measures now and will get slapped down. They're probably unknowingly pushing the courts to make that happen right now.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Here's the usual dribble. Keep the following template ready for when the next state goes Constitutional (Permitless) Carry...
    STATE lawmakers passed a bill Wednesday to allow people to carry concealed guns in the state without a permit, just as national attention has ramped up over gun violence in the wake of several mass shootings, including the killing last month of NUMBER people at a EVENT.
    The bill was opposed by POLICE Chiefs/Unions.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Officially signed Governor Jim Pillen today, Nebraska will become number 27.

Nebraska became the 27th state in the nation to pass constitutional carry today when Gov. Jim Pillen signed the bill into law.

“Today, Nebraska joined 26 other states whose constituents and leaders recognize that law-abiding Americans should not have to ask for special government permission and pay additional fees in order to exercise their rights outside of the home,” said Randy Kozuch, executive director, NRA-ILA. “The NRA has worked tirelessly to protect the rights of Americans to defend themselves for decades, and we’re thrilled that this protection has now come to Nebraskans.”

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    This year's attempt at constitutional carry in NC may be dead. The state senate is apparently taking the coward's way out with the senate leader saying this just might not be the time to take up another gun rights bill. Also the house version has a training requirement required by the house leader to advance and the NRA has stepped in to poo-poo the bill even though the NRA didn't do jack up to this point. A local group was leading the charge.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

SC senate has advanced their bill finally and it looks like a floor vote may be today according to their calendar https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess125_2023-2024/scal23/20230511.htm
    I see conflicting information on when their sine die is. Some sites say its today and on others it doesn't say or theres an asterisk.
    Hopefully this isn't an attempt to ram through a quick vote for 2A street cred knowing the clock will run out on them.
    EDIT: According to this the House bill is also on the calendar. A Senate vote on the House bill as-is should get it to the Governor's desk immediately. The Senate bill, if passed, still has to get through the House. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...gislation-as-end-of-session-nears/ar-AA1b1KYC

Last edited:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    SC's regular session has ended with out either the House or Senate bill on the Governor's desk. However it looks like the ConCarry bill is being combined with a bill that increases penalties for illegal possession and a fentanyl-trafficking bill.
    The Governor is poised to call for a special session which may at last get ConCarry over the finish line.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    SC's regular session has ended with out either the House or Senate bill on the Governor's desk. However it looks like the ConCarry bill is being combined with a bill that increases penalties for illegal possession and a fentanyl-trafficking bill.
    The Governor is poised to call for a special session which may at last get ConCarry over the finish line.

At the South Carolina Statehouse website it says:
    South Carolina House Will reconvene at 12:00 pm Tuesday, May 16, 2023 (Today)

I don't know if this is the special session that the Governor has called for but at least the House is scheduled to reconvene at noon today.

While watching the Senate session last week, at the end of the last day, one of the Senators said that the increased penalties for illegal possession bill and fentanyl-trafficking bill are included in H3594 the House constitutional carry bill. There was no mention of the Senate bill S109.

There's Nothing on the Senate side about reconvening.....yet.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    At the South Carolina Statehouse website it says:
    South Carolina House Will reconvene at 12:00 pm Tuesday, May 16, 2023 (Today)

I don't know if this is the special session that the Governor has called for but at least the House is scheduled to reconvene at noon today.

While watching the Senate session last week, at the end of the last day, one of the Senators said that the increased penalties for illegal possession bill and fentanyl-trafficking bill are included in H3594 the House constitutional carry bill. There was no mention of the Senate bill S109.

There's Nothing on the Senate side about reconvening.....yet.
    Ok thanks I wasn’t sure which one got packaged with the other bills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom