9 states with live Constitutional carry bills..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I know you like to be positive, and I appreciate that, however in this case, the Senate always kills it. It is an annual tradition for them. Not unlike some annual traditions in MD.

I'm long past trying to be positive about certain things like this, I'm stuck in reality.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Updated with GA…

Attachments

• 3855AFB4-9AE4-4164-A40B-FD1C31BE5D8B.gif
      3855AFB4-9AE4-4164-A40B-FD1C31BE5D8B.gif
      94 KB · Views: 182

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    LA has advanced a bill through their House. If you recall last year it got to the Governor's desk with a veto proof majority and 3 Rhino wobblers changed their vote in the veto session and killed it. AFAIK all the same individuals are still in place so I'm not optimistic this gets through the Senate unless the wobblers got blasted by their constituents last time and see the light.
    Also, LA doesn't have state elections until 2023 so the Rhinos are not under the gun until next year.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    LA has advanced a bill through their House. If you recall last year it got to the Governor's desk with a veto proof majority and 3 Rhino wobblers changed their vote in the veto session and killed it. AFAIK all the same individuals are still in place so I'm not optimistic this gets through the Senate unless the wobblers got blasted by their constituents last time and see the light.
    Also, LA doesn't have state elections until 2023 so the Rhinos are not under the gun until next year.
    However the current democrat governor is ineligible to run for office in 2023. So that leaves the seat open for a possible Republican.

The senators will be up for re-election as well.

I don’t see CC carry passing this year or next until the rhinos are replaced and they get a Republican governor.

However PA, has their Gov elections Nov 2022. Their current democrat Gov is also Ineligible To run for re-election. And the leader in the Gov polls is a republican. So good chances cc will pass in 2023. The current Gov vetoed CC last year.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Ohio’s FOP complaining hard about permitless carry and armed school staff.

That FOP is controlled by the politicians within the state LE Community. It does not reflect the opinions and practices of every LEO in that state, nor the entirety of the LE Community Nation wide. Rather, as with any individual FOP Lodge, it is the Lodge Board which chooses the policies they wish to promote.

In fact, nationally, the general LE Community has changed greatly over the years since the days of the AWB.

But one of the most significant factors preventing gun control on the federal level might be that American police themselves are broadly opposed to restrictions on guns, and they remain one of the only institutions in American life whose influence on conservative voters is significant enough to make any federal gun regulations feasible. Americans trust police, often to a fault, so when they say that new restrictions are unnecessary or won’t work, millions of people believe them. American police, like other institutions, have been affected by the partisan polarization of recent decades, resulting in an already conservative demographic identifying even more strongly with the Republican Party and its opposition to gun control laws. That means their advocacy organizations are less likely to sign onto anything associated with the Democratic Party on the national level.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    The SC Senate is the body that has kept these bills stifled each year. I don't recall if the same players are still in place who desk drawer vetoed the other bills.

Yes, you're right. So far this session though Law Enforcement namely SLED hasn't expressed opposition to it as they have in the past. Also one of the previous sponsors, Sen. Shane Martin, R-Spartanburg, thinks it's possible to get it done this time around.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article272570200.html#storylink=cpy

Sen. Shane Martin, R-Spartanburg, who pushed for the Senate to remove permitting requirements two years ago, believes he can get it done this year. “I lost 21-25 last time I tried (to pass permitless carry),” Martin said. “I believe that two votes are different and we should be 23-23 without pressure. We should have enough to get it done,” adding that he’s filed a Senate version of “constitutional carry” but is willing to use the House’s version as a vehicle after reviewing any differences.
    Hopefully he's right

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC

Florida: House Passes Constitutional Carry

FRIDAY, MARCH 24, 2023

Today, the House voted 76-32 to pass House Bill 543, the constitutional carry bill. It will now go to the Senate for further consideration.

Now waiting on the Senate

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC

Florida: Senate Passes Constitutional Carry​

THURSDAY, MARCH 30, 2023

Today, the Senate voted 27-13 to pass House Bill 543, the constitutional carry bill received from the House last week. With that, Florida has taken another major step towards becoming the 26th constitutional carry state. The bill will now go to Governor Ron DeSantis, who has repeatedly and publicly stated that he will sign a constitutional carry bill into law.

Your NRA would like to thank lead sponsor, Representative Chuck Brannan, and Senate sponsor, Senator Jay Collins, for bringing this important legislation, and Speaker Paul Renner for his exceptional leadership throughout the process.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I'm still unclear about these states and the fed gun free school zone act. The last comment I remember (perhaps from fabs) was the fed law makes no exceptions for constitutional carry states with regard to the law's allowance of a gun in a school zone if the person has a carry permit from the same state as the school's location.

Does that mean these states are now 100% "gun free school zones?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom