• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Not much detail. County Police evacuated all student from Pine Grove Middle to Parkville High. Reported to be a suspicious device on school grounds. The area is shut down. Also reportedly part of Security Blvd in Woodlawn shut down in relation to the incident.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I like how they had like 4 Facebook posts evacuating kids before they actually said what it was about. Sure some parents appreciated that

Mr H

Banana'd
    Well, that was a bit of an adventure!!

We were headed to Parkville around noon, and start seeing helicopters moving in, then screaming police cars...

We get to where we were going, the choppers were just a few blocks away, and BCoPD were blocking off roads. We heard about the middle school, then the kids being moved to the HS up the street... then the ES kids being moved...

We were almost locked in, but police started letting people go in the directions away from the scene.

A package was located and detonated, but no word on just what it was according to WBAL radio. They supposedly have a person in custody.

But wait... there's more...

A similar issue was reported in Woodlawn, with the area around the HS is still under lockdown as of about 30 mins ago.

Fun times.

ETA: I'm going to assume the Chinook we saw heading out over Gibson Island was unrelated ;)

Mr H

Banana'd
    Update...

Parkville situation was a 'device' (unconfirmed) in a pickup truck "near" the MS. It is, by whatever means (the PIO was a bit of a jerk about it), considered to no longer be a threat.

Woodlawn area is back open. The Rodeway Inn was the site of police activity, including a bomb robot entering a motel room, which was eventually cleared out by police.

Last I heard, these are still considered to be connected events.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I saw one of the earlier posts about evacuation, and that everything was OK (even though it didn't describe anything of the everything), and then nothing...very suspiciously little follow up.

Weird. I guess the suspect didn't fit the politically correct profile? :shrug:

fishcrow

May 7, 2013
    This gives some explanation why there wasn't much information given.

"

Mount Airy theft case may have ties to investigation​

The investigation may also have ties to Mount Airy, where the town's police chief, Doug Reitz, told 11 News in an email that officers were investigating a theft.

Reitz said the theft victim provided information about someone making explosive devices and that person may have also been involved in the theft.

Mount Airy police contacted the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which coordinated with authorities in Howard County, where it was thought the assailants could be in the Columbia area.

Investigators then learned the assailants were in Baltimore County, Reitz said."

Mr H

Banana'd
    Add to this, a spate of hoax 'active shooter' calls for schools across the country...

It sure seems like, when we add in the numerous kids bring both real and toy guns to local schools, that there is some social media backchannel being used to set these things up.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Update:

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 21, 2022 3:15 P.M.
    Baltimore County detectives filed criminal charges against the two individuals in connection to the explosive device located in the area on Pine Grove Middle School and explosive device making materials in the Woodlawn area.

On September 19, 2022, the Baltimore County Police Department was notified by the Howard County Police Department about an individual who was in possibly in possession of explosive device making materials within Baltimore County. Officers were able to identify and detain both individuals. Through their investigation, detectives were able to locate the vehicle containing an explosive device parked across the street from Pine Grove Middle School and determine the location of the explosive making materials on Whitehead Court.

43-year-old Joseph Vickery has been charged with several possession of explosive device-related charges, with CDS possession with intent to distribute and firearm-related charges, which stem from illicit drugs and a weapon detectives discovered in the defendants’ vehicle which was parked across the street from the school.

39-year-old Kristen Vickery has also been charged CDS possession with intent to distribute.

Both are currently being held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.

Through detectives investigation it does not appear that the school was the intended target during this incident.

Hoons

May 15, 2019

A must read. Had an officer not taken the report from the mother in law seriously, this would have been more crazy. Made the explosive from fertilizer.
    Wow just crazy. I went to that middle school and still walk my dog every now and then.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Its weird, I don't leave the house very often, but on Tuesday about 1000 I ran out with the wife on a errand up Security Blvd to Chadwick Plaza. On the return trip about 1045 at the intersection of Security Blvd and Woodlawn I was sitting at the red light, at this shell station were 3 police cars and a EMT rig having a chat with a couple of citizens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom