• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    WOW! So much misunderstanding here.

What some oaf does in Pakistan is not a safe model of doable in the US.

A 30-06 chamber is flat out too long for 8x57. Just look at the dimensions folks.
    To "rebore and rechamber" from 30-06 to 8x57 will require setting the barrel back and rethreading it. Then the oprod requires shortening because the gas cylinder is moved towards the receiver by doing the barrel setback. It's been done, it isn't worth the sweat or $.

Just rebarrel to 8x57, the barrels are available as noted by the OP.

Port pressure is a bunch of hoopla. HA HA HA. We won't being going to someone for our ammo. LOL.
    Relax buddy, its a bunch of guys chewing the fat over a rifle and getting excited.
    Maybe if your not busy and know so much about it, you can install a Lothar Walther barrel for him and not charge him for the work.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Relax buddy, its a bunch of guys chewing the fat over a rifle and getting excited.
    Maybe if your not busy and know so much about it, you can install a Lothar Walther barrel for him and not charge him for the work.
    I sold my M1/M14 Wrench and Barrel Vise to another member here from Anne Arundel back in 2018 as I wasn't doing it anymore.
    Yeah, I get wound up over it because I was Marine Corps trained Armorer back in the 1970;s and actually trained to do the rebarrels correctly.
    I apologize if I riled anyone else up. That wasn't my intent.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    If you reread it that's not what was said. The hoopla over port pressure is mostly overrated....that is the actual comment.

Uh, that is what he said.:
    The hoopla about port pressure in the garand is mostly overrated.

In a properly greased and with good springs garand I wouldn't worry about anything store bought SAAMI spec commercial ammo in my rifles.

:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom