• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gretzky77

Aug 6, 2013
    I have a question that may be frustrating for all but I'm asking anyways.

I recently purchased a handgun which the dealer with release on the 8th day (which is why I wanted to support them) however I am nervous about picking up early. I have a clean background however I have only been a US citizen for 1 year. I was born in Canada and have been here working (legally) for the past 10 years.

So my question is should I pick up the firearm early or just sit and wait for MSP to complete the investigation. I just don't want to get the dealer or myself in trouble should the approval be help. I was thinking of buying a new shotgun for home defense (any suggestions? I was thinking Mossberg 500) and seeing if the 4473 came through on that OK.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I have a question that may be frustrating for all but I'm asking anyways.

I recently purchased a handgun which the dealer with release on the 8th day (which is why I wanted to support them) however I am nervous about picking up early. I have a clean background however I have only been a US citizen for 1 year. I was born in Canada and have been here working (legally) for the past 10 years.

So my question is should I pick up the firearm early or just sit and wait for MSP to complete the investigation. I just don't want to get the dealer or myself in trouble should the approval be help. I was thinking of buying a new shotgun for home defense (any suggestions? I was thinking Mossberg 500) and seeing if the 4473 came through on that OK.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.
    Pick up your handgun early AND buy the shotgun.

If the FFL was worried about getting into trouble, they wouldn't be doing 8 day releases IMO.

tvng22

May 9, 2013
    The FFLs I have dealt with releasing early make you sign a waiver and of course have consulted with their own lawyers before releasing.

Get your gun, it's well within the current law.

azuluza

May 14, 2013
    Yea man go get your gun, and def go with the Moss 500, if I was at home right now I would upload some pics, but I put the gun grip and a front grip and that + some buckshot will be great for home defense , I got mine from Dicks Sporting Goods for 304$

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Congratulations and go exercise your 2A Right, Mr Citizen

And Thank You for not being a "Snowback" like Michael J Fox, Peter Jennings, Celine Dion and host others.

MagnumFarce

May 3, 2013
    Centreville, MD
    You should absolutely, positively, 150% pick up your gun(s) on the 8th day release.

You are a citizen of the U.S., whether it is for 1 year or 1 second, you have Constitutional Rights and one of them is to keep and bear arms. It is one of things that make Americans unique in this world; treasure it and defend your rights in very tangible way by picking up your guns.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    GO PICK IT UP WHILE YOU CAN. If the dealer changes his mind, you may have to wait 5, perhaps 6 months! And you are nowhere close to breaking any laws. Your dealer is doing a TIMELY RELEASE, nothing "early" about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom