• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    If they're going the NICS check on the 7th day, what happens to people like myself that always gets a NICS delay and have to wait 24-48 hours for a NICS proceed? Are we stuck with an 8-9 day wait, if the FFL doesn't want to release on the 8th day without a NOT Disapproved?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If they're going the NICS check on the 7th day, what happens to people like myself that always gets a NICS delay and have to wait 24-48 hours for a NICS proceed? Are we stuck with an 8-9 day wait, if the FFL doesn't want to release on the 8th day without a NOT Disapproved?
    I wouldn't think so. I'm not sure how accurate MSP is about posting NICS dates.
    One of the first things to ask an FFL is if they will release on the 8th day, if they don't you need to find someone else.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    I wouldn't think so. I'm not sure how accurate MSP is about posting NICS dates.
    One of the first things to ask an FFL is if they will release on the 8th day, if they don't you need to find someone else.

I hope they do it before the 7th day.. As for the release, it's a new FFL. I've never done any business with him, but he is a friend's neighbor.

BTW, can I see the NICS date on the 77r app, if I hit print, like you can on the WC app?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I hope they do it before the 7th day.. As for the release, it's a new FFL. I've never done any business with him, but he is a friend's neighbor.

BTW, can I see the NICS date on the 77r app, if I hit print, like you can on the WC app?
    I have no idea on that. I've never looked at one of my 77r apps in progress

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    I have no idea on that. I've never looked at one of my 77r apps in progress

Thanks.. I read some old post from like 4 or 5 years ago that said using the print option would show if it's been not disapproved or not and that it was happing for most people on the 3 or 4th day. Well today is day 4 (FFL submitted on 9/30) and the 77r app hasn't updated anything.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County

Yup. Go to the MDSP site, log in and go to your dashboard. Select PRINT APPLICATION and your NICS number and date will be in the upper left hand corner.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If you submitted on 9/30, plan on a not disapproved on or about 7 Oct. Could by as late as 10/9 because of Sundays.
    I'm not sure how many times this needs to be said...
    SUNDAYS DO NOT COUNT, unless it IS the 7th day. Period. Per State Statute.
    People really need to stop repeating this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom