• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • notional

MDS Supporter
    This was a new one for me, and I'm hoping it's happened to others as well. I'm looking for 'what to expect' after this. This morning I checked for my 77R "Not Disapproved" email and nothing. So I went online to the MSP portal and saw a message. The message, "THIS APPLICATION HAS BEEN SENT BACK TO YOUR DEALER. REASON: PLEASE CORRECT FIREARM SECTION BY CORRECTING TYPE AND RESUBMITTING APPLICATION" I touched base with my dealer and he has no idea what that means, so he's going to call MSP.

Anyone else experience this? Is this another seven day wait for me?

Rhetorically - why do they wait until the last moment to post the 'correction', rather than whenever they discover it? After all, I pay all my MD taxes, the HQL fees, AND the additional background check fees.

I guess I didn't put enough in their tip jar.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I had an issue one time on a private transfer at an MSP barracks. The officer selected that it was through an FFL. I actually received a call from the licensing division. At first they said it would have to be done over. I explained we had chosen a halfway spot and it was about an hour drive for each of us. She said she would try to correct it. She called back the next day telling me it was fixed and everything processed on time.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    The FFL may have mis-typed something on the "type" question in the firearm section (Section 4) - e.g., listing "revolver" instead of "semi-auto", etc. That seems like an odd question to be explained by a simple fat finger or brain fart issue, though.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You are correct. I pulled it up to see what was done. This was for a TAC-14 Remington Shotgun and "other" was selected. I'll let my dealer and MSP work out what type it is classified as.

I believe these are considered pistols in MD.

notional

MDS Supporter
    That's what I thought too...but I'm not the expert when it comes to filling out the dealer forms. Left it to them. I'll update when I hear from my dealer if that indeed was the problem. I suspect it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom