• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    Go into your profile and change your occupation to something specific, if it isn't already. Mine was approved many times, then disapproved recently. There's a new corporal heading this up and he won't accept vague job titles. You can amend your app, but you'll wait another week.

I checked and couldn't find the profile area you were talking about. I wonder if it changes after you fill out the form.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    I checked and couldn't find the profile area you were talking about. I wonder if it changes after you fill out the form.

Strange. I can't find it now either. If you have a 77r in progress, your FFL can change it for you. If you start a new one, it will autofill and you can change it. As an example, healthcare is not acceptable, but cardio thoracic surgeon is.

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    Strange. I can't find it now either. If you have a 77r in progress, your FFL can change it for you. If you start a new one, it will autofill and you can change it. As an example, healthcare is not acceptable, but cardio thoracic surgeon is.

Yeah I started a new one and changed it when it auto filled. It looks like it is sticking but either way I will hopefully always remember to double check what is in the occupation field don't want the hold up again.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    If the 7th day falls on a Sunday, or legal holiday the next following day that is neither a Sunday or legal holiday counts as the 7th day and the firearm would be eligible for release the next day.
    Every regulated firearm purchased on Monday gets Not Disapproved email the following Tuesday.

:thumbsup: Good to know. Looked back at my previous 77Rs and this was the only one where the purchase took place on a Monday.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If the 7th day falls on a Sunday, or legal holiday the next following day that is neither a Sunday or legal holiday counts as the 7th day and the firearm would be eligible for release the next day.
    Every regulated firearm purchased on Monday gets Not Disapproved email the following Tuesday.

Under the old paper system, yes. Under the new electronic system, 7th day that falls on a Sunday gets an e-mail on that Sunday, and can be released on that day if the FFL is open.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Under the old paper system, yes. Under the new electronic system, 7th day that falls on a Sunday gets an e-mail on that Sunday, and can be released on that day if the FFL is open.

That is not true.
    I wish it was.

We can certainly release firearms on Sunday if the Not Disapproved email comes on Sunday which happens if Saturday was the 7th day meaning 77r was submitted the prior Sunday, and the 7th day (Saturday) is not a holiday.
    but.....
    If the 7th day is Sunday then Monday is counted as 7th day and email comes on Tuesday.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky

Attachments

• NotDiss.jpg
      NotDiss.jpg
      47.2 KB · Views: 142

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I’ve been told by MSP they don’t expire. Once they have final approval they have a shelf life of 35 days. They may have changed that to line up with the 30 days the feds allow. It’s been a while for me to have dealt with that so I could be off a day or so.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I was hoping to pick up today, but didn’t get the email. July 4 must have bumped me a day. I guess I get to experience another Christmas Eve night...:shocking::(

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Since you resurrected and old thread I’ll say that I too am waiting for my G43 to get out of time out. 77R sent in Monday June 27th.

I feel like Ralphie

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Well the MDSP LD website log in will not allow me to sign in to check my 77R. Keeps saying session times out. Also haven’t received my not disproved email. 9 days later

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom