• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have no idea if the online system factors in Holidays or Sundays when sending the email. Maybe an FFL can enlighten us.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Things are moved back one day if the 7th day is a holiday or two days if the 7th day ends on a Sunday followed by a holiday.

No idea how the new system handles these situations.

ED O

May 18, 2013
    Lusby
    I purchased a handgun on Friday 6/30, will I get my email tomorrow morning or will I have to wait until Sat or Mon?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    How many people are going back into the portal to print out their paperwork after the sale?

Just curious.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have not yet used the new system but I do keep copies of my old paper 77's.

I'd probably keep paper copies of the online info as well.

Who knows iwhat backup or replication MSP uses for data.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I have not yet used the new system but I do keep copies of my old paper 77's.

I'd probably keep paper copies of the online info as well.

Who knows iwhat backup or replication MSP uses for data.
    Nothing old is accessible to you online and MSP does have a viable backup plan for current forms.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I too have always kept my paperwork in the past. I have also printed the paperwork for every thing in the new system. I just don't trust my government to have my back in the event of any issue with paperwork or proof of ownership.

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    I've purchased/received 4 handguns since January 1. The first approval (OK, Not Disapproved!) was received on Day 5, the second and third on Day 7, and the most recent (a couple of weeks ago) on Day 8. All at 6am. I have printed out all 4 of the forms for my personal records. Unfortunately, either you can't print it out when you are the seller (in a private sale), or I haven't figured out how to yet. If anyone knows how to, I would appreciate it as all I have is the e-mail from MSP saying my buyers are "Not Disapproved".

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've purchased/received 4 handguns since January 1. The first approval (OK, Not Disapproved!) was received on Day 5, the second and third on Day 7, and the most recent (a couple of weeks ago) on Day 8. All at 6am. I have printed out all 4 of the forms for my personal records. Unfortunately, either you can't print it out when you are the seller (in a private sale), or I haven't figured out how to yet. If anyone knows how to, I would appreciate it as all I have is the e-mail from MSP saying my buyers are "Not Disapproved".

My sale doesn't show up in my portal, so I doubt I will ever be able to print that one. Maybe that's something that can be addressed with the MSP LD.

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    You do get the application number in the e-mail stating the buyer is Not Disapproved, but correct there is no Pin number referenced, or the firearm that is being transferred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom