• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I got 10 boxes last week of the same stuff. Who cares if they charge a lot for shipping. I still got it much much cheaper than I've seen around here in a long long time.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    Who cares if they charge a lot for shipping

Tacking on a "handling fee" is bad business. Purchasing from them only feeds the monster. I learned about the handling fee too late. I'd rather shop with reputable places who don't tack on idiotic fees.

If we let places get away with that kind of nonsense, everyone will start tacking on fees. Oh well, it just makes me support local businesses even more.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Tacking on a "handling fee" is bad business. Purchasing from them only feeds the monster. I learned about the handling fee too late. I'd rather shop with reputable places who don't tack on idiotic fees.

If we let places get away with that kind of nonsense, everyone will start tacking on fees. Oh well, it just makes me support local businesses even more.

I understand that point of view. In today's market though, I gotta take what I can get. I have purchased 7.62 from two local businesses in the past month or so. Both of them had Wolf or Tula for $8 a box so I bought some. However, I went into one local shop last week and they were selling boxes of Wolf for $20. You want to talk about ripping off. Now that is full blown ripping off.

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    I understand that point of view. In today's market though, I gotta take what I can get. I have purchased 7.62 from two local businesses in the past month or so. Both of them had Wolf or Tula for $8 a box so I bought some. However, I went into one local shop last week and they were selling boxes of Wolf for $20. You want to talk about ripping off. Now that is full blown ripping off.

Were they selling at that? Or were they asking that? No way would I pay $1.00 per round for Wolf or any other Ruskie steel case ammo. I have a hard time paying more than .30 per rd for that stuff.
    Right now Cabela's has Herters Brass case 7.62x39 for 11.99/20, it is loaded by Sellier & Bellot. I just bought the 5 box max, I have been thinking about reloading some for hunting and to see what kind of accuracy I can really get from the AK and SKS. 60 cents a round sounds high until you figure new empty brass was going to cost almost $50 a hundred before shipping. Might have to order another 100 rds tomorrow if it is still in stock. Unless someone comes through on my want ad for x39 brass.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The fact that 32c/round 7.62x39 is staying on the shelves should be indicative that it's going to drop in price pretty soon.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The fact that 32c/round 7.62x39 is staying on the shelves should be indicative that it's going to drop in price pretty soon.

Note sure it's staying on the shelves. The HPs are gone but they still have FMJ. That said, I hope you're right.

MDnumb321

Jan 28, 2013

Well only the bi-metal kinds. None of the non-magnetic (indoor range-friendly) can be found under a dollar a round.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Cabela's Hamburg store had both FMJ and SP when I was there yesterday.

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Cabela's still has Herter's on sale. FMJs 7.49 for 20 (37c/rd) not including shipping. 5 box limit. I had a gift card and needed some 7.7 Jap for a friend. Shipping was 12.95 for 7 boxes.

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    what if they sold it to you for $1 a box and charged you $3.99 handling fee? ridiculous argument. talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. It's the total cost of something that is important. Not how it is broken down. That is why people finance 40k vehicles they can't afford. because they get stuck on the payments and don't look at the final cost. The biz with the lowest total cost for the item i want to buy generally gets my biz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom