• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    So I currently have a Banish 46 in prison so I kinda already had a plan for that muzzle wise. However I appreciate the info because it helps me find exactly what I need. I’m technically building this as a hunting ar “MD straight wall regs”. I’m prob not going more than 5round mags. Only thing is trying to figure the best length barrel for the best efficiency/velocity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    450B typically uses pretty fast powders, so no need to go too long. I like my 18", but a lot of people are happy with 16".

If you want to hunt with subsonic ammo, you'd need to go under 16" with a brace (so it's a pistol) to meet Maryland's muzzle energy requirements, or handload 490gr+ bullets. The Hornady factory 395gr Sub-X rounds meet the required pistol energy requirements but not the rifle requirements.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    450B typically uses pretty fast powders, so no need to go too long. I like my 18", but a lot of people are happy with 16".

If you want to hunt with subsonic ammo, you'd need to go under 16" with a brace (so it's a pistol) to meet Maryland's muzzle energy requirements, or handload 490gr+ bullets. The Hornady factory 395gr Sub-X rounds meet the required pistol energy requirements but not the rifle requirements.

So is 16” with a 8-10” can too much or would it still produce enough energy for Maryland?

Damn. Well I guess it’s off to my 450 first since I already have a 15 lower/upper.

Save your brass. Once you have enough to make it worth our time, we can use my "Trailer Park Portable Single Stage Press" to teach you basic intro to reloading. The caveat is you'll be doing it with me, not watching, as I don't reload ammo for people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom