• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Effingham, IL county is where my home town is.

Very rural - corn fields, cows, corn fields, pigs, corn fields and some more corn fields.

My town's population this past year was 410.

My senior class from High School had 17 of us in it.

Last edited:

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I did listen to the 7CA yesterday and it seems they really did give the state a very hard time and most of her arguments did not hold water at all. They ended up taking about the M16 for the most part which of course the AR15 is a cousin of that but all in all the state did not do very well IMHO

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Holy cow. The state Supreme Court keeps the new gun law in place. Makes no sense. And this tid bit boggles my mind:

"Second, plaintiffs expressly waived in the circuit court any independent claim that the restrictions impermissibly infringe the second amendment"

Is this a way for them to deter them from appealing to SCOTUS? How could they say plaintiff waived a CORE reason for the litigation?

WTF??

[/QUOTE]

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Holy cow. The state Supreme Court keeps the new gun law in place. Makes no sense. And this tid bit boggles my mind:

"Second, plaintiffs expressly waived in the circuit court any independent claim that the restrictions impermissibly infringe the second amendment"

Is this a way for them to deter them from appealing to SCOTUS? How could they say plaintiff waived a CORE reason for the litigation?

WTF??

[/QUOTE]
    Not surprising. The Cook County Democrat Party controls the state legislature, and with a Dem Governor, the Justices are chosen for loyalty to the Party line.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Not surprising. The Cook County Democrat Party controls the state legislature, and with a Dem Governor, the Justices are chosen for loyalty to the Party line.

When there are no repercussions for doing so, why are we surprised that they did?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    CA5 or CA7?
    From the article linked in the OP:
    "The temporary restraining order against Illinois’ gun ban issued by an Effingham County judge has been upheld by the Fifth District Appellate Court of Illinois."

State court not federal.

skeet 028

Apr 1, 2023
    Wy
    Talk about a state dominated by a disconnected Liberal city
    Good grief..are you kidding? MD is controlled by 3 counties with less people than Chicago. I left the state my family has lived in since before 1700...Md...because of the ridiculous laws rules taxes and crime...and you talk of Chicago? White Marsh?Baltimore City north...and I loved where I lived till the Baltimorons, Washington idiots and the Philthydelfians moved in

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom