• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    My money is on the patron was probably a tool and if he really drops that kind of coin there something was building up for a while. Having said that, the manager talking shit about old white men can eat ass. I’d never step back in the place if he isn’t fired. I’m done with the double standards.

I haven’t seen Neal in quite some time, but he has never struck me as the “tool” type.

VHT4ME

Jan 7, 2021
    Dum dum should not have mentioned his age, race, & gender. "You thing! You animate object. If you don't like it go somewhere else."

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I felt compelled to reach out to Neal and say "hi" since I haven't seen him in a good while. He gave me a bunch more background that just adds to his case. There is supposed to be an interview released today with a former Dan's employee, a black man named Melvin. Melvin had a case against Dan's for racial issues too but representing himself pro se, didn't do so well in federal court.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Crazy, I was just told a similar story Sunday, a friend was there with someone involved and currently starting a lawsuit. Place is owned by the son of Nora Roberts (Author). Several lawsuits against the place I'm hearing.
    Turns out my friend was with him when this happened. He is friends with the Judge, small world.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Looking for a video on youtube, supposedly during the summer of peaceful demonstrations, they had a BLM rally. The good Ol boys in town drove their diesel trucks in front of the restaurant and Rolled Coal

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    *****So the person this happened to is actually a binary intersex person who is 26 and only half-white? :shocked4:

That's....That's Semi racist, sexist, and ageist then!!! How semi-horrid!!! :shocked3:

From the picture in the linked article , the manager who 86'ed him sure looks white , and no spring chicken .( may be partially hard living ?)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    $9/16oz drafts and $8/cans. Kinda expensive for a small town pub.

And since the final straw was over a carryout order , it's not much of a stretch to guess that $ number included plenty of meals , and that the food prices were commensurate with their $9 beers .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I don't understand why someone would open up a business in the hospitality industry and then deliberately alienate a large part of their customer base? Doesn't seem like a good business decision to me.

1. SJWs , gonna SJW .
    2. Pissing off old white cultural conservatives could simultaneously be a strategy to increase their appeal to Hipsters and transplanted Yuppies .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Public accommodations shouldn't discriminate , or be hostile .

That said , if an establishment went to great lengths to actively dislike me , while simultaneously being a bully pulpit blatantly advocating for causes presumably counter to my own , I would probably exercise my free will , and freedom of choice , and be a regular patron elsewhere .

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    No private business should be able to bar people out of their private property. After all, a private property and private business rules are set by the customers. “I buy drinks here. I pay your salary…”. SMFH.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    No private business should be able to bar people out of their private property. After all, a private property and private business rules are set by the customers. “I buy drinks here. I pay your salary…”. SMFH.
    A private business most certainly SHOULD be able to bar anyone they want

I fully support a private business putting up a sign that says 'No fat, ugly Jews allowed'

I wouldn't patronize them, but it should be there right

They should be ABLE to bar anyone, they just shouldn't WANT to

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    A private business most certainly SHOULD be able to bar anyone they want

I fully support a private business putting up a sign that says 'No fat, ugly Jews allowed'

I wouldn't patronize them, but it should be there right

They should be ABLE to bar anyone, they just shouldn't WANT to

I have barred few people when I owned a business. IT WAS in capital heights and it is different on the NE side of DC sometimes. One guy kept on coming back regardless, so it literally cost me couple dollars every couple days or so just so he listen. At the end he ended cleaning my lot for $5 dollars. Another guy argued with me that him harassing my customers for spare change, was reasonable because he would spend it at my business. Then there are the ones you just give up on trying to police your own property. I ve seen drug dealers police my lot because the “trespasser” were making them “hot” to cops using a guys face to open the door to kick him out of my store.

I ve owned a neighborhood business and compare to a business at the mall or some where similar, it’s a totally different beast. Many of the customers I saw daily, probably lived within 5 miles from my old business for most of their lives. Probably the same for the guy in the article.

Agree, No business should want people out. Amazons ceo s dollar has the same value as the homeless guys dollar.

I totally have to DISAGREE with keeping people out because someone is fat and Jewish for the same reason I wouldn’t people to be kept out for being a skinny Asian. I don’t care, but bc I have kids, it would bother me bc what they would see.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I have barred few people when I owned a business. IT WAS in capital heights and it is different on the NE side of DC sometimes. One guy kept on coming back regardless, so it literally cost me couple dollars every couple days or so just so he listen. At the end he ended cleaning my lot for $5 dollars. Another guy argued with me that him harassing my customers for spare change, was reasonable because he would spend it at my business. Then there are the ones you just give up on trying to police your own property. I ve seen drug dealers police my lot because the “trespasser” were making them “hot” to cops using a guys face to open the door to kick him out of my store.

I ve owned a neighborhood business and compare to a business at the mall or some where similar, it’s a totally different beast. Many of the customers I saw daily, probably lived within 5 miles from my old business for most of their lives. Probably the same for the guy in the article.

Agree, No business should want people out. Amazons ceo s dollar has the same value as the homeless guys dollar.

I totally have to DISAGREE with keeping people out because someone is fat and Jewish for the same reason I wouldn’t people to be kept out for being a skinny Asian. I don’t care, but bc I have kids, it would bother me bc what they would see.
    I think you're missing my point

You're business is YOUR business

Run it as you see fit

Ban Jews blacks smokers cripples if you want

The government should not be involved

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205