Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Anyone going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival at the Howard County Fairgrounds today or tomorrow? Anyone been to one before? I think my wife and I are going tomorrow. Looks like some cool things to see like a sheepdog demos, some live music and whiskey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be ready to wait for hours in one big traffic jam.
    While getting off RT70 I looked right towards Sykesville and long lines and going down RT32 east miles of traffic.
    Pack a lunch while waiting.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    My wife goes every year rain or shine. That sheep and wool festival is an absolute event to her. She's big into all of the yarn related crafts, and they have a ton of yarn and spinning wheels and that sort of stuff there. Other crafters too usually. Dropped her off over an hour before they opened this morning to beat the traffic. Yeah, traffic is no lie. It's truly amazing just how many cars and people that event draws.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    My wife goes every year rain or shine. That sheep and wool festival is an absolute event to her. She's big into all of the yarn related crafts, and they have a ton of yarn and spinning wheels and that sort of stuff there. Other crafters too usually. Dropped her off over an hour before they opened this morning to beat the traffic. Yeah, traffic is no lie. It's truly amazing just how many cars and people that event draws.
    I thought they were giving COVID shots again.
    I just live past the Fairgrounds and for many years got caught up in that line.
    Good that the second lane on RT32 opened otherwise it would be grid lock for sure.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Apparently this is a big deal. My friend's mom drove down from New York to go to the festival with his wife. He's just happy he got out of it.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I went one year and was bored to tears. My mom LOVES it. She's in to all the wool arts. My wife goes every 2-3 years or so for the crafts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom