• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    A hearing for a Bill to reduce the safety zone in HoCo is being heard soon. Dec 14 at 7 pm.

axshon

May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    This is definitely needed. There is no way for me to safely harvest deer from my property in Ellicott City since there are enough libs around that would object. This would reduce the number of people I have to ask down to three, only one of whom is questionable.

The number of dead deer on Route 40 coming out of Catonsville is obscene. Harvesting a few and putting them in the freezer would save damaged vehicles and terrible deaths for a lot of critters, not to mention gardens and flower beds.

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    So quick update on this. It’s shaping up to be an uphill battle. If you live in Howard and are a Bowhunter, you need to contact your delegates NOW to let them know you support this and why it can be done safely. Come on guys let’s push this one over the finish line.

lazarus

Jun 23, 2015
    So quick update on this. It’s shaping up to be an uphill battle. If you live in Howard and are a Bowhunter, you need to contact your delegates NOW to let them know you support this and why it can be done safely. Come on guys let’s push this one over the finish line.
    Is it still out there? I’ll tell all my friends. I’ve contacted them a few times over the last two years and it was always outside the time they’d consider citizen input on a bill

lazarus

Jun 23, 2015
    I heard back on my outreach to the 9a representatives supporting the bill. It is being withdrawn and an identical house bill is being filed instead (it is apparently easier?). It is under discussion

Discussion will continue in a meeting on Friday at 10am and in next week's Howard County Delegation meeting on 1/25 at 8:30am. Both meetings will be livestreamed through the MGA website. You can track the bill here: https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/sb0096

They highly encourage anyone supportive to contact them, now and Once it is refilled in the house, and later file written testimony in support. It sounds like they’d like to get it passed and positive input would help.

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    I heard back on my outreach to the 9a representatives supporting the bill. It is being withdrawn and an identical house bill is being filed instead (it is apparently easier?). It is under discussion

Discussion will continue in a meeting on Friday at 10am and in next week's Howard County Delegation meeting on 1/25 at 8:30am. Both meetings will be livestreamed through the MGA website. You can track the bill here: https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/sb0096

They highly encourage anyone supportive to contact them, now and Once it is refilled in the house, and later file written testimony in support. It sounds like they’d like to get it passed and positive input would help.
    Hey Bud. Just sent you an PM about this.

Doctortoxic

Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Ok it’s crunch time everyone. If you want to see the safety zone reduced to 50 yards for archery hunting in HoCo, start writing to the following delegates NOW. They are meeting about this bill tomorrow morning, according to my sources.

Here is the delegation list. Email them all regardless if you live in HoCo or not.
    The county delegation is

chao.wu@house.state.md.us
    natalie.ziegler@house.state.md.us
    courtney.watson@house.state.md.us
    pam.guzzone@house.state.md.us
    terri.hill@house.state.md.us
    jessica.feldmark@house.state.md.us
    vanessa.atterbeary@house.state.md.us
    jen.terrasa@house.state.md.us

Alphabrew

My pronouns: Bro/Bruh
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Ok it’s crunch time everyone. If you want to see the safety zone reduced to 50 yards for archery hunting in HoCo, start writing to the following delegates NOW. They are meeting about this bill tomorrow morning, according to my sources.

Here is the delegation list. Email them all regardless if you live in HoCo or not.
    The county delegation is

chao.wu@house.state.md.us
    natalie.ziegler@house.state.md.us
    courtney.watson@house.state.md.us
    pam.guzzone@house.state.md.us
    terri.hill@house.state.md.us
    jessica.feldmark@house.state.md.us
    vanessa.atterbeary@house.state.md.us
    jen.terrasa@house.state.md.us
    Everyone in that list is a major libtard

lazarus

Jun 23, 2015
    Everyone in that list is a major libtard
    So? Email them ANYWAY!

Some of the senators and delegates appear to be open minded. A few haven't said anything (I've been listening to the delegation meetings). Only Terrasa and Feldmark are openly hostile to it.

So, please contact them. If they hear a lot of people pushing for the bill, and especially if you hit on the fact that 50yds is still a LONG distance, and this is only going to impact properties over 2 acres in size, it doesn't change you have to have permission to hunt on someone else's property, they'll realize it really doesn't impact them or their constituents. It is mostly about western HoCo still.

They seem to be of the mind that there are going to be hunters perched on cul da sac community mailboxes hunting or shooting off the back deck of their townhouse in Wild Lake. No, they might not see reason, but some other delegate on the list might!

So please take the time. If they see no interest, they for sure are not going to support it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dreadysuperhero

Latest threads

Top Bottom