• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    What are the "go to" sites for reloading supplies. Most everything I'm looking up is out of stock. Is reloading components still trying to catch up like the ammo shortage was?

The bigger sites that sell most everything reloading related would be the bigger supply houses like Brownells, Natchez Shooters Supply, Midway USA, Midsouth Shooters Supply. For components, the above as well, but places like Powder Valley and Recob Target Shop as well as others. Even Bass Pro, and a handful of Maryland gun shops. Many more of the PA. shops have supplies than what you'll find in Maryland.

Of the big powder and primer players, Powder Valley in particular won't necessarily always have the very best possible price, but they'll always have a very competitive market price. They're a great guide to what general pricing is actually available.

Then there are outfits that are more dedicated, say to bullets. Outfits like Missouri or Moyers or Mastercast or Xtreme or Zero come to mind amongst many others.

The bugaboo today, moreso than sourcing powder or bullets, is primarily finding primers. They appear more frequently now than they did, but they're still spotty, and they'll go quick.

Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Waingro,

I know trickg, he is good people. He's right in your AO, too. Another person to talk to is member Sticky. Solid guy down your way. If I can find time I'd love to come down your way and help but most weeks I do seven days.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Are you anywhere near aa county? I messaged trickg who is near me. Hope to hear from him but I'd welcome any help
    PM'ed you back - there's some good advice in this thread. Most old-timer reloaders will be quick to jump on the "go read a manual" curmudgeony bandwagon, and that's actually great advice. Uncle Duke said that the best money you'll spend is on good and reliable information. That's 100% true - I own 3 manuals that I reference and cross-reference for reloading data, and I think that the Lee and Lyman manuals are both good for explaining a lot of the finer details about setting up dies, types of propellant, and all manner of other things a person will likely encounter as they get into this hobby.

I'd be happy to work with you - not so much to show you what to do, but to guide you on some of the very basics and show you how to utilize the available resources to get the answers that you need. Once you get into it, the whole thing becomes demystified and you'll see that it's not difficult at all to produce your own ammo that will be as good or better than anything you can buy, especially when you can tailor your ammo to YOUR guns.

MD66948

Aug 26, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    I recently reloaded 45-70 for the first time in my life. I have a fantastic 1884 US Springfield Trapdoor Cadet Rifle. Of cource my reloads were specific for the Trapdoor.

It was a pleasure loading the 45-70 and I got some really nice groups. I reloaded the 45-70 on my T7 but I had to use my MEC to remove the flare with my crimp die. I only had 3 spare stations left on my T7 Turret head and I needed for stations for the 45-70.

I started reloading when I was 10 with my neighbor. He had me sorting brass. By time I was 12 I was reloading 30-06 by my self for my 1903A3 Rifle. At 16 I bought a NIB Colt 1911 Match Pistol (pre 70 series) so I started loading 45 acp. Now that I am going onto 71 in Sept. 2022 I am up to 15 calibers that I reload on my MEC Marksman Single Stage Press, Redding T7, and my Dillon 750.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom