• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020
    i bought a stevens 320 a few years ago for a turkey gun and something is wrong with the trigger. its really heavy and feels like about 15 lbs when it finally breaks. been collecting dust since i bought it. i tried taking it apart but stopped after reading they can be a little bit tricky.

What are the chances that a winchester 1300 trigger assembly will drop in and work? they look identical to me online.

PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020
    Is it a 12 gauge? This would work, and isn’t expensive. Hopefully it would be lighter than 15 lbs. What about the warranty? Maybe start there.

sorry, never saw anybody responded to this. It is a 12 gauge. I havent called Savage yet about a warranty. I probably should start there. The barrel seems like it was threaded wonky at the muzzle too. I can feel a lip where my choke sits on one side but not the other.

I thought about replacing with another stevens assembly but would rather buy a winchester part if it fits. i guess my thinking was it would be better quality.

Probably my last (and only) Chinese built gun i buy. Reading "Made in P.R.C." on the side every time i take it out doesnt make me proud. $180 for a thumbhole pistol grip turkey gun was worth a try at the time.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I bought a new Mossberg 500 years ago that had the same thing wrong with the trigger. Since I planned to shoot slugs through it, that wasnt acceptable. I sent it back and they did something that took about half of the weight off the trigger but still was about 7-8 lbs. They also did something that made the safety stay on the OFF position. The LGS paid a gunsmith to fix the safety and I paid a gunsmith to lighten the trigger. Its a turkey killing machine now , but I never bought another Mossberg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom