• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    This.

This, too.

If you are really interested in learning, see if you can talk 4g64loser into a lesson. I learned a ton in an afternoon. I gotta do that again soon….
    December is less of a.shit show with classes and other stuff slowing down. November is basically shot unless I can weasel my way out of some shit work I don't want to do.

Too bad you will miss the party this weekend. A couple of my guys that missed our last connex day are coming. I know I'm going to get the shit shot out of me.....one guy is looking for revenge after a couple months ago. Being the bad guy is my therapy.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    December is less of a.shit show with classes and other stuff slowing down. November is basically shot unless I can weasel my way out of some shit work I don't want to do.

Too bad you will miss the party this weekend. A couple of my guys that missed our last connex day are coming. I know I'm going to get the shit shot out of me.....one guy is looking for revenge after a couple months ago. Being the bad guy is my therapy.
    I’d love to be there. That was a blast.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    This right here. He knows his stuff!
    Flattery is welcome but components will get you farther.
    ^^^^^This guy knows his stuff. That's all I'm going to say.

I need to get with you sometime so I can learn anything you'd be willing to share with me.
    Thanks.

I don't know if I'll be the ******* for December but if am, you should come down and sling lead for practice day. The cold ones are usually less busy and thus less.hectic. for whatever reason, Saturday afternoon was light so a couple of us had a little tripod clinic. Because I was playing with a new rig (and ammo it wasn't zeroed for) I got a hasty zero at 428yds (demod that trick) and a second round hit at 1024. All done standing from a tripod using a candycaned sling. Winds were 5 to 10 variable. Not bad. I didn't get to shoot much but it was still fun.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My new ops director is apparently coming to see it/participate. He's either gonna fire me or let me off the leash.

If it's off the leash, more will be coming.
    I’m hoping it’s off the leash. He seemed pretty enthusiastic….

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I’m hoping it’s off the leash. He seemed pretty enthusiastic….
    We have crossed paths before but just never realized it/connected along the way. He's a good guy. It's just a question of whether he's going to put up with a loose cannon/HR nightmare like me.

If it's fired, I can probably come up with a different location. Won't be a connex, so please manage your expectations.

If it's off the leash, I'm going to be busy as a hooker on superbowl weekend trying to get a couple more people trained to party with me and the other guy you met.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We have crossed paths before but just never realized it/connected along the way. He's a good guy. It's just a question of whether he's going to put up with a loose cannon/HR nightmare like me.

If it's fired, I can probably come up with a different location. Won't be a connex, so please manage your expectations.

If it's off the leash, I'm going to be busy as a hooker on superbowl weekend trying to get a couple more people trained to party with me and the other guy you met.
    I hope to be sending you lipstick in the near future.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    Agreed. If you love the AR platform then 300 Black. Maybe an AR in 300 Black and a 308 bolt action rifle.
    i agree with the ar in 300bo, but a 300bo in a bolt actions suppressed with subs is just as good too.

i shoot more 300 than 308 in a year. i hardly ever shoot 300 supers. i also reload both the 308 and 300bo

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Pntc is the closest option for most people.
    What about your glass is limiting you?

Doc has seen me do the calcs in reverse. You can ask him, daemon, sundazes, outrider, etc about my experience in this area.

I have an inexpensive Vortex Sonora 4-12x44, BDC reticle. With the MDRx being a bullpup, I have .556 and 6.5 Creedmoor both @20 inches to meet MD 29.5 overall length. So far I've only used it in .556 since I've not been anywhere with a 500yd or more range in a few years. I assumed(possibly incorrect) that it would be a significant compromise to use the same optic on .556 and 6.5c, especially at significant different distance.
    Would love any suggestions, or a range meetup sometime.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I have an inexpensive Vortex Sonora 4-12x44, BDC reticle. With the MDRx being a bullpup, I have .556 and 6.5 Creedmoor both @20 inches to meet MD 29.5 overall length. So far I've only used it in .556 since I've not been anywhere with a 500yd or more range in a few years. I assumed(possibly incorrect) that it would be a significant compromise to use the same optic on .556 and 6.5c, especially at significant different distance.
    Would love any suggestions, or a range meetup sometime.
    Yeah that optic isn't going to do you any favors. I'm a glass snob (and an *******, those posting above can confirm!!!). I fully endorse spending heavy on glass because upgrade (with only two exceptions I know of, both already hyper expensive) requires unit replacement.

Optic selection (to me) is driven by use case. Form must follow function. If you are going to run and gun with your rig in 556 (think 2gun) then you should be looking at LPVO and MPVO options. Given the dearth of usable.rails.space on bullpups, probably lpvo as you will have fewer options for an offset red dot. If you intend to use the 556 setup as a cheaper-to-shoot trainer for precision shooting (popular practice) then using the exact optic that you would employ with the 6.5cm setup is value. Only you can answer use case questions correctly as it is your rifle.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yeah that optic isn't going to do you any favors. I'm a glass snob (and an *******, those posting above can confirm!!!). I fully endorse spending heavy on glass because upgrade (with only two exceptions I know of, both already hyper expensive) requires unit replacement.

Optic selection (to me) is driven by use case. Form must follow function. If you are going to run and gun with your rig in 556 (think 2gun) then you should be looking at LPVO and MPVO options. Given the dearth of usable.rails.space on bullpups, probably lpvo as you will have fewer options for an offset red dot. If you intend to use the 556 setup as a cheaper-to-shoot trainer for precision shooting (popular practice) then using the exact optic that you would employ with the 6.5cm setup is value. Only you can answer use case questions correctly as it is your rifle.
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 FFP isn't all that hateful on the wallet of you know where to look. It has decent glass and does what I ask of it. I know there is better out there, but the wallet dictates everything.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 FFP isn't all that hateful on the wallet of you know where to look. It has decent glass and does what I ask of it. I know there is better out there, but the wallet dictates everything.
    I have a Vortex Viper 1-6 Gen II I like on an AR. I'll watch for the 6-24. Maybe see somebody with one I can check out. As you say... the wallet dictates. Hse #2 with 7.5% rate took a chunk fro my retirement, and the taxes may send me back to work.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have a Vortex Viper 1-6 Gen II I like on an AR. I'll watch for the 6-24. Maybe see somebody with one I can check out. As you say... the wallet dictates. Hse #2 with 7.5% rate took a chunk fro my retirement, and the taxes may send me back to work.

Check out a Viper PST 6-24 Gen 1 from Euro optics. They can be found for around $450-$500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If you are close to FredCo, you can look through mine at some point.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    You guys talking in code reminds me of scenes from Hannibal Lecter/Red Dragon/Manhunter. Give us a hint or we'll call in Clarice.
    Doc offered me lipstick because I told him I'd be busier than a whore on super bowl weekend if my new boss let's me run with the program I've been working on. Doc T has seen a piece of it. All the jokes on here about doc's connex, he and I have a joke about him visiting my connex and getting shot up. I bled that day too. I was expressing my preference for redveryred lipstick as my hair is too.dark for the lighter stuff.

The stay free pads (feminine napkins/panty liners/maxi pads) are handy for stopping the minor bleeders that happen during training evolutions.
    I've had a couple of them. They do what is needed. My only real beef was that they washed out something fierce with light at certain angles. Pretty much left the sunshades on all the time at the price of an overall darker image.

Razor ones come up for good prices now and then. That's one of the only optics I ever sold that I regret unloading. I have three razor twos and love em. With the razor threes coming on stream the prices on twos have nosedived. Deals to be had.

The Burris xtr2 scopes I have had have treated me.well. my biggest gripe is that the zero stop is tied to the turret cap. On my razors or my kahles I can set em up to allow me to dial a fixed amount "below" the true zero. This is useful if you shoot multiple loads in the same gun or have to shoot sideprone (rifle on its side, scope beside barrel instead of above it).

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Doc offered me lipstick because I told him I'd be busier than a whore on super bowl weekend if my new boss let's me run with the program I've been working on. Doc T has seen a piece of it. All the jokes on here about doc's connex, he and I have a joke about him visiting my connex and getting shot up. I bled that day too. I was expressing my preference for redveryred lipstick as my hair is too.dark for the lighter stuff.

The stay free pads (feminine napkins/panty liners/maxi pads) are handy for stopping the minor bleeders that happen during training evolutions.
    If it bleeds, we can kill it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom