• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markc

Apr 9, 2011
    Help,

I just bought a bunch of .308 ammo on the Classifieds. It was sold as M80 ammo but upon googling the head stamp "OFV 95", I've only seen bad things about it. Lots of quality control issues. Too little powder, too much powder, etc

It seems that most people have been breaking them down for components.

Does anyone want to help me with this endeavor? It's like 400+ rounds that I don't know what to do with.

Is it worth taking them all down to re-do?

Thank you,
    MarkC

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    Your stuff is from India. If you are a reloader, breaking them down would be the safest route. Seems most of the problems have been related to lack of quality control with powder charges.

markc

Apr 9, 2011
    I'm located in Olney. I'm definitely willing to make the drive out to Frederick for help.

Thank you guys so much. Turning a terrible purchase into something of a learning experience.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I'm located in Olney. I'm definitely willing to make the drive out to Frederick for help.

Thank you guys so much. Turning a terrible purchase into something of a learning experience.

If daemon is willing to host it I am willing to help break it down.

markc

Apr 9, 2011
    Does the OP have any option for recourse if it was sold as M80 but isn't M80?

He said NATO M80, but it's not NATO. Whether he "meant" NATO spec or NATO, I guess I got suckered. Nothing else to it. It does not have the NATO cross on the headstamp.

markc did you get a good deal at least? Was it in our classifieds?

No. Not at all. I paid $.60 a round.

I've PMed the seller afterwards and he's all but ignored me. I guess he knows he screwed me and doesn't feel like righting a wrong. Oh well. I'm still hopeful that it's just Thanksgiving, but I know he's logged on and seen my PM. So that's that.

markc

Apr 9, 2011
    I'd be willing to help too if I can. Who screwed you?

The feedback is placed in the classified. Even now, I think that's as far as I'll go. I've been pretty mad about it for about two days, but life is too short to stay angry over small things. It's time to fix it.

I appreciate all the help people have offered. Thank you all. :thumbsup:

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I can appreciate not wanting to take it further. However, I wouldn't want soemone else to get taken for a ride either. Good luck pulling bullets. Hopefully it will be easy work.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    Hey guys, just for the rest of us new reloaders, what is the best thing to do here? Pull all the bullets, neck size, then recharge with measured loads? Thanks is advance.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Hey guys, just for the rest of us new reloaders, what is the best thing to do here? Pull all the bullets, neck size, then recharge with measured loads? Thanks is advance.

That's what I'd do.

Indian .308/7.62x51 is (historically) some bad/junky stuff.

Personally, I wouldn't use a collet type boolit puller. Inertia pullers won't mark up the boolit.

Lastly.... when neck sizing, don't forget to remove the decapping pin!!

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    That's what I'd do.

Indian .308/7.62x51 is (historically) some bad/junky stuff.

Personally, I wouldn't use a collet type boolit puller. Inertia pullers won't mark up the boolit.

Lastly.... when neck sizing, don't forget to remove the decapping pin!!

Depends on the time of day.....our neighbors have 2 toddlers, so if it's after 7 I won't use the inertia puller. My hornady collet puller doesn't seem to leave marks most of the time, and the few times it does, they're extremely faint.

Hasn't affected anything accuracy-wise to 300 up till this point.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Pulling 400+ with an inertial puller is a PAIN.

There is a plier type puller, that doesn't mark the bullets and is even faster than a collet.

But if you are careful, the collet puller doesn't make big marks. I had to pull a bunch of .223, and most are find, but a few I over tightened the collet.

http://www.rwhart.com/store/proddetail.asp?prod=RWH-F-H93

http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloadi...son-plier-style-bullet-pullers-prod34463.aspx

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/965871/r-w-hart-plier-type-bullet-puller-22-24-30-caliber

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom