• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdjunior

Mar 29, 2013
    When buying a regulated firearm, do you wait 30 days between purchases or 30 days after you receive your purchase? Sorry, I know this has been discussed. I searched and could not find the answer.

WH401

Feb 10, 2008
    So then if your waiting on a regulated firearm from an FFL that wants to wait for MSP, (about 30 days currently), and decide to go buy your next one from a different FFL who is releasing after 8 days, and you pick up the second firearm before the first, the you must wait 30 days from pickup of the second before picking up the first? Purchase date has nothing do with it? That's how I understand it, correct? Thanks

Rick

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    So then if your waiting on a regulated firearm from an FFL that wants to wait for MSP, (about 30 days currently), and decide to go buy your next one from a different FFL who is releasing after 8 days, and you pick up the second firearm before the first, the you must wait 30 days from pickup of the second before picking up the first? Purchase date has nothing do with it? That's how I understand it, correct? Thanks

Rick

That is correct. The ONLY thing that matters is 30 days between taking possession of the regulated firearm.

MSP is supposed to be tracking this stuff, but with the new policy I am guessing that is pretty much impossible since they are not giving the OK to release on the first firearm AND the second firearm.

With the 8 day release without NOT DISSAPPROVED from MSP, a person could go to two different dealers today and probably have the option to pick up both guns in 8 days and the two dealers would not know about it. I wonder how MSP is addressing this situation.

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Ugh...I guess I'm screwed then. Both the dealer and FFL told me it was between purchases. I bought the 1st one on 3/16 and the 2nd on 4/25. In reality, by the time they make it to the 4/25 paperwork, it's likely that 30+ days will have passed for the 1st. I still haven't gotten a call about the 3/16 purchase. :sad20:

bdadams84

Mar 19, 2013
    Kensington, MD
    Alright let me muddy the water a bit.

I understand that the 30 days starts at taking possession which normally occurs after the completed MSP check. I took possession of my Glock after a month of waiting. My check has not come back from MSP yet. If we go by taking possession, my 30 day wait for another purchase is up. If we are talking about 30 days from MSP approval My 30 days would start in a week or two when ever my 3/22 is done.

I've already talked to my FFL, but this is certainly up to interpretation. I was wondering what y'all think.

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    I think that at this point it may take a while, but it would be SO much easier to fill out the DC paperwork while you're waiting.

Never have this problem again...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Seriously . Apply for DC the same day make a purchase , the DC Letter will arrive long before the ND. My recent DC took about 6 weeks to arrive in mail , and MSP is presently quoting 100+ days for ND.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom