• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TSquare45

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2022
    College Park, MD
    Even though I'd benefit from the passing constitutional carry, I'm always skeptical of arguments claiming something would level the playing field for the disenfranchised or marginalized.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

TSquare45

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2022
    College Park, MD
    Delegate(Sounding a bit snippy maybe because it's overtime at her day job): "If this is so advantageous to disenfranchised people, how come none of them are here testifying?"

Witness: "I've requested witnesses from these communities who frankly said, I would but at 1 PM on a weekday I have to be at my DAY JOB"

LOL....Well played!

TSquare45

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2022
    College Park, MD
    Thx, buddy... I should clarify, I'm not skeptical because I don't believe there is credibility in the argument....I'm more skeptical about the sincerity of the individuals using the arguments....I grew up under some of the tyranny mentioned in the brief... Even recall watching Bloomberg making the statement mentioned... So I totally get it...

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Thx, buddy... I should clarify, I'm not skeptical because I don't believe there is credibility in the argument....I'm more skeptical about the sincerity of the individuals using the arguments....I grew up under some of the tyranny mentioned in the brief... Even recall watching Bloomberg making the statement mentioned... So I totally get it...

That was kindof where I was coming from in my testimony, stop and frisk was only facilitated in New York because carrying a gun was illegal.

I think Lopez had egg on her face - shame on her for silencing/questioning the absent voices of those who couldn't, or wouldn't, come to her panel.

It reminds me of survivorship bias on WW2 planes. She saw a handful of white people and assumed she could shut us down based on appearance.

TSquare45

MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2022
    College Park, MD
    That was kindof where I was coming from in my testimony, stop and frisk was only facilitated in New York because carrying a gun was illegal.

I think Lopez had egg on her face - shame on her for silencing/questioning the absent voices of those who couldn't, or wouldn't, come to her panel.

It reminds me of survivorship bias on WW2 planes. She saw a handful of white people and assumed she could shut us down based on appearance.
    First, let me say....You are not someone whom, I am skeptical about your sincerity...Check your inbox, bro!

Not just egg but a whole damn omelette on her face. As smug omas her question was, I doubt she'd be able to understand the premise you mentioned. Nor do I believe she could understand the depth of the response about "not wanting to out themselves." But hopefully the insightful feedback compels others to a favorable position.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Delegate(Sounding a bit snippy maybe because it's overtime at her day job): "If this is so advantageous to disenfranchised people, how come none of them are here testifying?"

Witness: "I've requested witnesses from these communities who frankly said, I would but at 1 PM on a weekday I have to be at my DAY JOB"

LOL....Well played!

Do we have video of this exchange yet?

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Yep, I'm aware of the link to watch it, what I was asking was has anyone ripped the piece of video just on the exchange so it can be used to call Lopez out and to get more minorities involved.
    If someone put together an article or video like this, clearly showing the unbiased facts, and without overbearing music, I'd share it everywhere. We have the emails (for the homemade firearm ban / bill) to prove Lopez lied, and Lee spread her lies.

I know someone made one for Atterbeary in the past. This could be a ripe opportunity if done with the above criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom