• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    There are two bills that MSI has taken positions on being heard today in the Judiciary Committee.

MSI is requesting an unfavorable report of HB1021 and a favorable of HB1288.

FM3CB9SWUAMwDQ4

MSI has not taken a position on HB1040, but it will be interesting to hear the discussion on it, as the bill would essentially have the Attorney General's office inform the legislature of what they may get away with law-wise if (and when, we suspect), "good and substantial reason" is no longer enforceable by the Maryland State Police as a prerequisite for being granted a permit to wear and carry handguns.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Delegate Clippinger cutting some slack for an incidental "oh shit" when one of the opponents of HB1021 dropped her phone.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    So delegates sit there and eat and take phone calls and then laugh at a guy who can't manage the zoom. Which is worse, to not know how to zoom or to know how to zoom and let that give you leeway to act as if you are not in a normal business meeting (although I've seen delegates eat and play computer games in actual in-person hearings).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    So delegates sit there and eat and take phone calls and then laugh at a guy who can't manage the zoom. Which is worse, to not know how to zoom or to know how to zoom and let that give you leeway to act as if you are not in a normal business meeting (although I've seen delegates eat and play computer games in actual in-person hearings).

It's tough. Zoom substantially lowers the barriers to the public to be able to access and participate in their government, but it also requires a level of technical acumen that wouldn't be necessary if in person.

I feel for the poor guy.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland

This wouldn't be the Maryland House of Delegates without a bunch of ivory towers for them to spit down on the commoners. I honestly like Clippinger as a person and think he runs as good a show as possible here. But man, a bunch of the Delegates are just not mature at all.

As DC-W says: it's an unfair barrier to entry - no different than when they mandate public schooling remote.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

They have no respect for the people they "serve". Clips of them making fun of citizens should be edited out and made public. Scum.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This wouldn't be the Maryland House of Delegates without a bunch of ivory towers for them to spit down on the commoners. I honestly like Clippinger as a person and think he runs as good a show as possible here. But man, a bunch of the Delegates are just not mature at all.

As DC-W says: it's an unfair barrier to entry - no different than when they mandate public schooling remote.

I'd argue the days off of work and travel to Annapolis are even higher barriers against participation in our representative government. That was my point above. Aside from problems relating to the unfamiliarity of the technology, it's never been easier to testify before the General Assembly. Other legislatures allow online and hybrid testimony, even Utah's. They even make transcripts of all meetings there and have live closed captioning.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'd argue the days off of work and travel to Annapolis are even higher barriers against participation in our representative government. That was my point above. Aside from problems relating to the unfamiliarity of the technology, it's never been easier to testify before the General Assembly. Other legislatures allow online and hybrid testimony, even Utah's. They even make transcripts of all meetings there and have live closed captioning.

That's my problem. I can't cancel a day of patients a few days in advance multiple times without pissing a lot of people off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom