• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So…there is no such thing as a “voluntary commitment”. Commitment is an involuntary admission. I’m betting you had a 1 week voluntary admission to a psychiatric facility, in which case you are not going to have a problem.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    The system the state checks can only cross reference to the state mental hospital system. They have no access to private medical records in anyway. In fact they cant even see the state records, they can only cross reference your name and birthday. They look for a match on the name and birthday and if they get a hit then it kicks back as a denial but they cant see any medical info just a name match.

So even if it was a state mental hospital they can not see why you where there. You should be fine, and even if there is a hit/denial you can appeal it by going to DR's and getting a letter.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No you are fine. Voluntary Admissions of less than 30 days are not reported

BTW involuntary commitment is a prohibiting factor for a permit

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Here's the question from th 77R

Have you ever been voluntarily admitted for more than 30 consecutive days or involuntarily committed for any amount of time to a facility or institution, as defined in § 10-101 of the Health General Act, that provides treatment or services for individuals with mental disorders?

I think since it was less than 30 days you should be fine

davela

Aug 7, 2022
    Edgewater, MD
    11 years ago I was misdiagnosed as being bipolar (I’m on the autism spectrum) and was pumped full of medications, to include 600mg seroquel daily because I’m also an insomniac. I started have some weird shit going on upstairs so I told my immediate family. We decided a vacation in Shepard Pratt was in order, so I admitted myself and was there a week.

I have since gotten my HQL, registered my father’s handguns (I didn’t know not to do that), and have purchased a few more. I think you’ll be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom