• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Can anyone help recommend me a mag loader for my Pro Mags for my Marlin 795? I have the Baby Uplula which works great on my 7 and 10 round straight mags, but because the body of the Pro Mag is wider, the Uplula doesn't fit. I need something that only goes over the top inch or two of the mag. I need it since my kids reload their own mags while at the range. They have some trouble once the mags start getting more than halfway full. Thanks in advance.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Can anyone help recommend me a mag loader for my Pro Mags for my Marlin 795? I have the Baby Uplula which works great on my 7 and 10 round straight mags, but because the body of the Pro Mag is wider, the Uplula doesn't fit. I need something that only goes over the top inch or two of the mag. I need it since my kids reload their own mags while at the range. They have some trouble once the mags start getting more than halfway full. Thanks in advance.
    In your case I would hope that McFadden eventually makes a Marlin adapter for their Lightning GripLoader. Currently they are up to 7 adapters of which I have 2. One for the 10-35 rd mags for the S&W 15-22 and one for the 10-32 rd mags for the AR-15 .22LR mags from CMMG/BDM. They will load the BDM 50 round drums if you take the drum's spring pressure off the loading action.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Have you tried one of those simple load assist tools that you wear like a ring on your thumb? Something like these? http://www.magloader.com/ They work pretty well for some mags.

Attachments

• webpic.jpg
      webpic.jpg
      23.9 KB · Views: 979

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Those are basically band-aid loaders. They prevent your hands from getting beat up loading but do nothing for speed. For instance a McFadden Lightning Grip Loader with the correct adapter will load a 25 rd. S&W 15-22 magazine in as fast as 7 seconds. About 10 seconds for a 15-22 Pro-Mag 32 rd magazine.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Those ring loaders may be all the kids need to gain a mechanical advantage on the mags. Just a thought.
    The best centerfire pistol loaders are the ones available from MagLuLa but theirs are not really designed for .22LR. They do make a fairly decent .22LR mag loader but it is not designed for speed:

http://www.amazon.com/Rifle-Narrow-Single-Button-Loader/dp/B00G52HHZI/ref=sr_1_8?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1408577110&sr=1-8&keywords=maglula+magazine+loader

There are a couple of other brands of similar performance loaders to this one. Only the McFadden UCL when it came out was really revolutionary and now their new LGL looks set to set the standard for .22 rifle mag loaders. The idea of using switchable mag adapters for different types of mags is sheer genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom