• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It's that (NRA Board election) time again.

Check the February issue of your monthly magazine for your ballot insert, if you're a voting member.

Ballots must be RECEIVED by March 26, 2023, or they won't be opened or counted.

Anybody have information/knowledge/recs. to share?

Thanks.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    It's that (NRA Board election) time again.

Check the February issue of your monthly magazine for your ballot insert, if you're a voting member.

Ballots must be RECEIVED by March 26, 2023, or they won't be opened or counted.

Anybody have information/knowledge/recs. to share?

Thanks.
    Until Wayne's gone and my money will pay for lobbying, not exorbitant salaries and mansions, I'll have nothing to do with them.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Until Wayne's gone and my money will pay for lobbying, not exorbitant salaries and mansions, I'll have nothing to do with them.
    Some people are voting members (life) and might as well exercise their franchise.

I did just find this, fwiw:

Posted Jan. 25, 2023, by Jeff Knox, Director of The Firearms Coalition
    "...
    Among the new names on the ballot, I am only really familiar with two of them. The DC-Projects’ Amanda Suffecool, who is a pretty sharp cookie but doesn’t strike me as much of a boat-rocker, and Rick Ector, who is a heck of an activist and trainer out of Detroit. I like both of them, but I don’t see either of them having a significant impact on the decisions of the Board. It looks like the other six new candidates are just more of the same rubber-stamp LaPierre sycophants that have become standard for the Association in recent years.

Still, you never know how they will actually perform on the Board until they get there, so I’ll give them some small benefit of the doubt.
    The best I can do in the way of recommendations is to suggest voting for any of the new folks: Rick Ector, Amanda Suffecool, Ed Wilkinson, Bruce Widener, Isaac Demarest, Amy Heath Lovato, David A. Raney, and Charles Beers III.

Read their bios in the magazine, and see if you think they will do a good job. I only personally know Rick and Amanda, and I like both of them.

Among the incumbents, there are a few who I think aren’t too bad, though none of them have demonstrated a willingness to stand up against LaPierre and Cotton..."

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    ... and this.

It seems from the two cited sources that two nominees to consider voting for are Amanda Suffecool and Rick Ector (both new and highly regarded), and one to NOT vote for is Charles R. Beers, III (WLP lapdog).

Ballots must be RECEIVED by March 26, 2023.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    ...Finally, this update from FPC with some suggested write-ins:
    "...
    [Note: There are 4 suggestions for adding to the Write-In section of your ballot:
    Phil Journey, Haysville, KS
    Frank Tait, Wayne, PA
    Rocky Marshall, Boerne, TX
    and Fire Wayne, Fairfax, VA]..."

The fourth looks like a winner ! (Don't do it; it might win over somebody better).

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    With a board of directors that seats 78(!), there's little chance of dumping WLP. That's by design, of course.

In cases like this, if voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    With a board of directors that seats 78(!), there's little chance of dumping WLP. That's by design, of course.

In cases like this, if voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it.
    OTOH, if you don't vote sit down and color. I don't want to hear your whining.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    For anyone who's fence sitting but inclined to vote, your ballot must be RECEIVED (not just postmarked) by March 26, which is this coming Sunday (uh, that seems odd - no mail delivery on Sunday). So, Saturday March 25 seems like the practical deadline.

And, given the speed of the mail these days, it's better to put them in the mailbox soon -- like today or tomorrow.

Also, remember to sign inside the ballot return envelope where indicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom