• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medusa Joe

Industry Partner
    May 28, 2020
    Hollywood, MD
    After 2 years of the event being canceled due to COVID, it's finally happening June 24 & 25, 2022 in southern Maryland (Sanner's Lake Sportsman's Club, Lexington Park, MD). This match is a charity match where all of the money raised from the match will be divided between St Judes Children's Hospital and Concerns Of Police Survivors (COPS) to go towards children of fallen police officers.

Competitors will not only be adults, teens and kids, but also police officers from different departments to build relationships between the community and the police.

The course of fire is very similar to the Ruger Rimfire Challenge of years ago where the competitors shoot their .22LR pistols & rifles at steel plates. We'll have 6 stages for pistol and 6 stages for rifle. Lunch will be available for purchase on site.

Signup is on www.Practiscore.com. Click Matches and search on "kids & cops". Payment ($35 for kids; $50 for adults) is due when you check in on match day.

We will have prize guns as well as donations from our sponsors (Fred's Outdoors, Tandemkross, Hogue, Hunter's HD Gold, SK ammunition) on the prize table. Steel Target Paint is providing all of the paint for the targets.

If you don't want to shoot the event, but want to volunteer to help (on Saturday June 25), then send me a PM.
    If you'd like to help RO a stage at the match, let me know. Staff will shoot Friday, June 24 and work the match Saturday June 25. RO's must be current IDPA or USPSA RSO's.

Any questions about the match, PM me and I can ask the co-match director (Dave Benthin). Mary (from Medusa Munitions) is also co-match director. I'll be "Mongo" those 2 days moving steel, RO'ing, running the side matches (1 second challenge & dueling tree) & setting up/tearing down stages.

Hope to see you (and your spouse, kids, friends) at the event.

Attachments

• 2022 rimfire challenge.jpg
      2022 rimfire challenge.jpg
      382.4 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads