• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    This 'un has been on my low-priority list for a while, and meets the criteria of late-war, matching parts, original finish and no import marks. Bonus points for being from the less common Tula Arsenal. Note the "star and hammer" are handmade with some sort of a chisel. Tons of inspection marks all over the place too... I don't have any reference materials on these, is there a book or other source for details and production numbers? I found a few threads on Gunboards but it was a bit chaotic.
    tok-1.JPG
    tok-2.JPG
    tok-3.JPG
    tok-4.JPG
    tok-5.JPG
    tok-6.JPG
    tok-7.JPG
    tok-8.JPG
    tok-9.JPG
    tok-10.JPG

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    This 'un has been on my low-priority list for a while, and meets the criteria of late-war, matching parts, original finish and no import marks. Bonus points for being from the less common Tula Arsenal. Note the "star and hammer" are handmade with some sort of a chisel. Tons of inspection marks all over the place too... I don't have any reference materials on these, is there a book or other source for details and production numbers? I found a few threads on Gunboards but it was a bit chaotic.
    View attachment 449322 View attachment 449323 View attachment 449324 View attachment 449325 View attachment 449326 View attachment 449327 View attachment 449328 View attachment 449329 View attachment 449330 View attachment 449331
    Thanks for the real life schematic! :lol:

That had to take some time to strip down and reassemble.

Nice pistol.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    It wasn't too bad, actually. Took longer to find the right screwdriver bits in the mess on my workbench :)
    :thumbsup:

My friend said the trigger pull was a b!tch.

I love the little revolver. Can only usually shoot a box and a half before my hand gets tired.

Then shoot a modern semi-automatic and all the rounds are on target. :lol:

Jul 1, 2012
    yeah it's not a pleasant trigger pull. This one is DA/SA so the single action isn't totally horrid but it's not, well, good. It amazes me they continued to make this alongside the TT-33.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I've been of the same mind on these. Definitely a "B" list item and only a bring-back with original finish is of interest. Been seeing some of these pop up lately but this one is probably nicer than all of the others. Good catch!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    View attachment 449322 View attachment 449323 View attachment 449324 View attachment 449325 View attachment 449326 View attachment 449327 View attachment 449328 View attachment 449329 View attachment 449330 View attachment 449331
    Nice! No refurb mark, no import mark. About the only way I'd buy one again.

Speaking of that. I have some boxes of 7.62 Nagant if you want them. It's Soviet surplus, but it goes "bang" reliably. LMK, they're free of charge and I'll even pay shipping.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I know almost nothing of Nagant pistols, but I believe the original front sights were half-moon. Maybe the later years changed shape?

Gunboards has an 1895 Nagant section. The main historian (Joe Leiper) passed several years ago and I’m not sure who the go-to is these days.

Jul 1, 2012
    Yeah I stumbled across the Gunboards forum when looking for info... as far as I can tell the front sight is right for the WW2-era Nagants. There doesn't seem to be any centralized source of info on these, which amazes me considering they made so many, and for so long. Or maybe my google-fu is too weak :) There was mention on Gunboards of a book in the making but that may have ended when Joe Leiper passed.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Need to take my two out and go bang with them. Truly fun to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom