• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Dec 10, 2015
    Calvert County, MD
    Stumbled across a nice, numbers matching, 1943 US Navy S&W Victory and I just couldn't help myself.

After the US Property marked S&W Victory in .38 S&W I bought yesterday I should have stopped looking.....

But I didn't and came across this U.S. Navy one in .38 SPL that comes with a nice "correct" holster.

It will be at my FFL next week .... SMH

Here is a link to an interesting article on the from the AMERICAN RIFLEMAN magazine: https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/v-is-for-victory-the-smith-wesson-victory-model-revolver/

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 4.27.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 4.28.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 4.28.25 AM.png

Last edited:

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Also very nice. A great link to the past. I wonder what stories it could tell? Congrats.

A Federal FFL-03 C&R License would allow old guns like these to be shipped direct to your door - just saying.

Trepang

Dec 10, 2015
    Calvert County, MD
    Also very nice. A great link to the past. I wonder what stories it could tell? Congrats.

A Federal FFL-03 C&R License would allow old guns like these to be shipped direct to your door - just saying.
    Thanks. I appreciate it.

I have a C&R license and have a collectors license but it was my understanding that since we are in Maryland, you still had to fill out he MSP application, go through a FFL and wait your seven days for handguns.

I have used my C&R for long guns, but never handguns.

Like I said, that is just my understanding and I have been wrong before and I am always willing to learn.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    I attached a letter from 2004 that was written by Joseph Curran (then Maryland's AG) that states that Maryland law imposes no restrictions on direct import by a Federal C&R license holder for eligible guns coming from out of state.
    A weapon bought in the state would require the standard paperwork, background check and 7 day wait.

Attachments

• 01C&R letter interstate(3).pdf
      203.6 KB · Views: 7

Trepang

Dec 10, 2015
    Calvert County, MD
    I attached a letter from 2004 that was written by Joseph Curran (then Maryland's AG) that states that Maryland law imposes no restrictions on direct import by a Federal C&R license holder for eligible guns coming from out of state.
    A weapon bought in the state would require the standard paperwork, background check and 7 day wait.
    Gotcha - Thanks

Trepang

Dec 10, 2015
    Calvert County, MD
    I managed to find a copy on eBay of the December 2020 issue of the American Rifleman that has a great article on these Victory revolvers. I don't keep the old copies and in this case I wish I had.

I make up a folder of whatever documents I have or can find on each MilSurp I have in my collection and I really wanted this issue for the folder - That article is what got me interested in the Victory models in the first place.

Next, I will cough up the $100 for a S&W research letter.

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 4.22.54 PM.png

Biggfoot44

Aug 2, 2009
    Having an example of each is just about ideal for a collector, however, it may also lead you to go searching for a Colt Commando next.
    No , you need a Defense Contractor Victory first before any Colts.

( From the s/n range bought by the Government , sold thru the Defense Supply Corp to certain companies with war contracts to arm their Security forces against saboteurs . Victorys w/o Govt Property markings .)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tuggs86

Latest threads

Top Bottom