• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I just acquired a 1911 done by John Carduner (one of the IPs on this forum).
    It is a thing of beauty and shoots like a laser.
    I had foolishly sold my Colt Gold Cup some years ago and recently have been lamenting that decision. I sold some of the stuff that has been sitting in the safe and the rack and contacted John. He showed me 10-12 custom pistols (9mm and 45 ACP) that he had completed and I picked a Colt Gold Cup Trophy. Everyone of those pistols was tight and beautiful.
    It had originally been a series 80 but John basically gutted it and replaced and fitted the innards with better stuff including a match trigger, and magazine well. I believe that he had the slide rail welded and recut, and he had the rails carborized (for better wear for the stainless steel). He also had racy vents cut in the slide (strictly for appearance I believe).
    I have put about 300 rounds of hand loads through it (200 gr Speer LSWC) and it shot them perfectly (my brother's Kimber didn't like them).
    I took a Les Baer Concept 5 6" to the range with this Colt today for comparison, and John's work is definitely better.
    LX5Gpb.jpg

DocAitch

Last edited:

SargeTMC

Army Retired (EOD)
    May 30, 2013
    Joppa, MD
    That is one sweet looking pistol. John did some work for me on my Kimber about a year ago. He did a top notch job and was a pleasure to work with. He is a very smart man when it comes to the 1911 platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom