• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DennisCA

Over the weekend I pick a Remington 1903a3, from a local guy.
    Yea it's been (semi) sporterized (and I'll plan to un-sporterize it in the near future) but it's still a 1903a3!
    Still it's not worst sporterizing job I've seen.
    :party29:
    I snapped a few pic's, hopefully I'll be able to take a few more:
    wc1i.jpg

gj3l.jpg

rbi1.jpg

0655.jpg

53ow.jpg

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Great rifle..... you'll love it! :thumbsup: We have no secrets on this board.......... first FEET are mandatory and what did you pay?

Yeah how much does a bubba'd one cost? the cheapest i've seen any in original config is around 800. From the looks of that I assume all you would need would be a new stock and any missing hardware for the front end to put it back to original.

DennisCA

Great rifle..... you'll love it! :thumbsup: We have no secrets on this board.......... first FEET are mandatory and what did you pay?

LOL - I have some with feet but decided to not to put them in.
    (Actually you DON'T want to see them, you might get mentally scarred)
    I paid $450 for it and if I can get a stock for around $200-$300, I'll still be gtg!

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Yeah how much does a bubba'd one cost? the cheapest i've seen any in original config is around 800. From the looks of that I assume all you would need would be a new stock and any missing hardware for the front end to put it back to original.

800? I think that's beatable at local auctions in VG condition but you're right, his would be pretty easy to put back together if he wanted.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Go check out dupagetrading.com even if they dont have a stock listed give them a call let them know what you want and how much you want to pay and they will find you something nice. They took care of me in my efforts to thwart bubba and they have many loyal customers. It may take a week or two but its worth the wait. For the metal if you don't care if its a repark Sarco will work if you want USGI original that will cost you a little more.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Numrich should be able to fix you up:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufac...gfield1903A3-42095/StocksHandguards-42072.htm

Looks like you can get a scant stock (semi-pistol grip) for $169. These are GI stocks cut to get as much pistol grip as possible out of blanks meant for straight grips. They look a bit odd, but are practicle for shooting. Or you could get a straight grip for a bit more. Don't forget the handguard. The 03-A3 handguard is different from the 03 version, of course, because of the rear sight setup.

Otherwise, I think you mainly need the nose cap and cross pin, numbers 71 and 76 in this schematic:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufac...1/Springfield1903A3-42095/PartsList-42071.htm

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Gun magazines from the '70s and '80s, especially, were full of articles and ads for books on how to sporterize military rifles. It was a popular thing to do, because nobody thought the supply of cheap surplus Enfields, etc., would ever run out. That's why it gripes me when people make the argument that there's nothing wrong with taking an original and all-matching SKS or Mosin in good original condition and turning it into a 'tacticool' firearm. I can kind of see doing that to a mixmaster with bad furniture, but not to a solid rifle ... even if it is one of the Mosins that were made in the millions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom