• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Interesting. So do you think the inherent design of the front sights was to shoot high, because of the revolvers excessive weight? If this is so, that is some pretty forward thinking back then.

Reason why I’m saying this, is because when hefting this pistol, the muzzle always seems to droop a bit from weight, even when you are concentrating.

So, error correction in elevation pre-built in. :)

It shoots what we consider High , becaue back in the C&B Era , they had a different concept about proper sighting .

The intention was to be sighted to hit a man sized/ horse sized / man on horse sized target at 75- 100 yards .

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    That bottle of Hoppe's No9 is made for smokeless powder. Their BP cleaner looks like this.
    Ya, I don't normally use it on my B.P. firearms but it still works. Hot, soapy water and G96 was what I used to do. Now I'm trying to incorporate Ballistol during the final cleaning and that stuff stinks.

Interesting. So do you think the inherent design of the front sights was to shoot high, because of the revolvers excessive weight? If this is so, that is some pretty forward thinking back then.

Reason why I’m saying this, is because when hefting this pistol, the muzzle always seems to droop a bit from weight, even when you are concentrating.

So, error correction in elevation pre-built in. :)

Could just be me but I shoot it at 50 yards with the primitive sites that came with it. The very first time I fired it at 50 yards I was shooting over the top of the target. And ever since then I have aimed low by a few inches. The first animal I ever killed with it was a fox. My girlfriend's neighbor said that there have been a fox around the farm that had been terrorizing the barn cats. So I sat out in the field of Timothy that was between the woods and the barn and waited and sure enough it came out in the evening and I dispatched it with a headshot at about 40 yards. I actually aimed under the fox's head and the ball went right into its ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom