• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Does anyone know any smith's around the Baltimore/Harford County area that has the tools to do a hand guard swap on a 15-22?

Rather than buy the tools from tacticool22.com and spend $90+shipping I'd rather just pay someone to do it for me and not get stuck with tools I'd never use again.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Does anyone know any smith's around the Baltimore/Harford County area that has the tools to do a hand guard swap on a 15-22?

Rather than buy the tools from tacticool22.com and spend $90+shipping I'd rather just pay someone to do it for me and not get stuck with tools I'd never use again.
    I personally don't know any gunsmiths that have the tools either. Might be a few. You are going to need Tacticool22's adapter regardless because without it you can't put another handguard on when you get the factory one off anyway. Its the adapter than brings the 15-22 barrel retainer up to the threads used by an AR-15. One reason to buy the tools is just in case you have to send it back to S&W for service you don't want any non-factory parts on it or you may or may not get those parts back once they find the problem. Next best thing is find someone else who has a modded one and borrow their tools.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County

Im sure the smith at Freestate could do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom