12 GA. FULL BORE NEW ACCURATE MOLD SLUGS - NICE.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I have a buddy of mine in New York who just had a custom mold made by Accurate and he is shipping me some of his new casts to try in my reloading recipes for 12 ga. He simply wants me to shoot some of his casts and see how they do. These are full bore casts at .731 I don't recall the weight. He is also sending the components so I don't have to purchase them. Some BPI bush wads is what he is using with Blue Dot. I am going to test them for him with my Clays powder. Just curious how these compare to other slug mold designs. So, he is supposed to be mailing me 20 slugs and well see how they do. This Accurate seems like a nice design, but, the cost of investments on additional components is just not worth it to me. Unless these slugs pass through the same hole one after the other I have no desire to use them.

Don't worry Nemesis, I'm not cheating on you my friend. LOL Those Lymans you make have well more than impressed me and I still want more when you make them.

Attachments

• 12 GAUGE FULL BORE ACCURATE SLUGS - SAL C.jpg
      12 GAUGE FULL BORE ACCURATE SLUGS - SAL C.jpg
      69 KB · Views: 1,264

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    .... those words are the first signal of future infidelity. :D

I hear ya man. No I have been getting some Lyman slugs from Nemesis and he is one straight up fine character in my book. I have dealt with him several times on things and I love those Lyman slugs that come from his mold. I'm waiting for him right now to call me and let me know that he has cast some more. I just don't want him thinking that he wasted his time on me making slugs. That's not the case at all. I like the Lymans and they way they load and shoot. Nemisis would say, "I completely understand and it's not an issue" My wife on the other hand would tell me to just get the hell out. But, fortunately for both of them I can stick around out of spite if need be. ;)

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I hear ya man. No I have been getting some Lyman slugs from Nemesis and he is one straight up fine character in my book. I have dealt with him several times on things and I love those Lyman slugs that come from his mold. I'm waiting for him right now to call me and let me know that he has cast some more. I just don't want him thinking that he wasted his time on me making slugs. That's not the case at all. I like the Lymans and they way they load and shoot. Nemisis would say, "I completely understand and it's not an issue" My wife on the other hand would tell me to just get the hell out. But, fortunately for both of them I can stick around out of spite if need be. ;)

:lol2:

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    If you follow the Hubel thread he has figured out that slow rifle powders push slugs faster with less pressure than fast shotgun powders. When you look at rifle load data it only makes sense. If Nemisis has some extra Lymans to try let me know. The Lee slugs are OK but nothing to write home about.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    If you follow the Hubel thread he has figured out that slow rifle powders push slugs faster with less pressure than fast shotgun powders. When you look at rifle load data it only makes sense. If Nemisis has some extra Lymans to try let me know. The Lee slugs are OK but nothing to write home about.

Let me tell you, after I tried some of those Lyman slugs, I immediately posted that Lee slug mold on ebay and got rid of it cheap. That Lee is a sorry sad thing compared to those Lyman's. I don't see much advantage to the NOE mold slugs versus the Lyman's, but, I am somewhat curious to see the performance on the custom NOE mold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom